Slow or No Response from NCL to set up M&G

dwpigg

Has anyone been successful recently in getting a response from NCL to set up a M&G?  I’ve sent two requests and have received an automated response that I would be contacted within 72 hours, but still no actual response. Who should I contact now?  Thanks everyone. 

10 minutes ago, April7901 said:

Less than 48 hours. That was Breakaway though. You used the email address in the post from this board - groupeventjade@ncl.com?

I’d try again and put “2nd attempt” or something in the subject line. 

Yes I used the correct email address and received the standard automated response both times. Next one will be my 3rd attempt.

Funny that my cruise on the Bliss already has a confirmed location and it’s over 100 days out. Must be a ship staff issue. 

Edited by dwpigg

I have hosted several Meet & Greets on NCL over the last few years, the last time was in September of this year. And instead of the "GroupEvent" e-mail address when contacting NCL to "book" a time and place, I have actually always used the "SpecialEvent" e-mail addresses for the various ships. For the Jade that would be "SpecialEventsJade@ncl.com". Normally I get a reply within a day or two. 

Edited by TrumpyNor

51 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I have hosted several Meet & Greets on NCL over the last few years, the last time was in September of this year. And instead of the "GroupEvent" e-mail address when contacting NCL to "book" a time and place, I have actually always used the "SpecialEvent" e-mail addresses for the various ships. For the Jade that would be "SpecialEventsJade@ncl.com". Normally I get a reply within a day or two. 

Just sent a request to the address you provided and received the exact same automated response back, word for word. Crossing my fingers that I get an actual response soon. Thanks for your suggestion. 

6 minutes ago, NurseJEB said:

I sent an update on our M&G yesterday and got a reply today.  What email address are you using?

I used group event twice and special event once. They all went to the same place!  Auto response came back each time with “thank you for contacting...”. 

7 hours ago, NurseJEB said:
7 hours ago, NurseJEB said:

It is SpecialEVENTS not SpecialEVENT.  Therein lies the problem.

Are you always such a pain?  My request has been confirmed without your input. 

14 hours ago, dwpigg said:

Just received a confirmation from NCL Special Events Department. Third Attempt in the subject line must have had an impact. 

glad to hear you finally got a response: have a good M&G It seems like, in most cases they are getting smaller and less active all the time. 

Is there a preference for when to host the M&G?  Day, time of day etc?  Our second day is a sea day so I thought to suggest that for the M&G.  Does that make sense?  This is my first time on NCL and first time coordinating a M&G.

57 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is there a preference for when to host the M&G?  Day, time of day etc?  Our second day is a sea day so I thought to suggest that for the M&G.  Does that make sense?  This is my first time on NCL and first time coordinating a M&G.

It is NCL who decides date, time and place, based on your provided information regarding number of participants. It is normally scheduled to the first seaday of your cruise, usually it starts at 10 AM or 11 AM, and the location is reserved for 1 hour (60 min). That is normally the only time during a cruise when most of the senior officers can be present as well. They usually do their introductions at the very beginning (takes about 10-15 min), after that you are «in charge». The on board group coordinator will normally contact you the first day, and ask you to meet him/her at the M&G location 15-20 min before the rest of your group arrives. NCL will provide coffee, juice and some danish or buiscuits.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Edited by TrumpyNor