New itineraries are showing

Cruise Junky

thank you for asking..

we  would probably no longer eat in the MDR..... we do not wish to pay for a suite....those paying for suites have a much better chance of getting better food in their venues...

I have also heard that due to so many complaints,  the MDR has been improved...those returning from Reflection have said they had some of the best food on any of their sailings...

we do have a Viking O booked for this winter, an Oceania for next fall and another Viking O for the following winter....

yes I will do that..although my impression is that many dont want to hear it...

we are new to Viking O...but not new to Oceania....the food with Oceania is amazing...and when I can find a comparable price, I dont hesitate to book it....when I say comparable, Oceania includes all tours, flights/transfers, specialty rest. internet, etc...if it is an itinerary with lots of new ports, it is worth it for us , since tours are very expensive...

this is a different issue...I dont wish to derail the OP's topic....

26 minutes ago, nancyshaw said:

yes I will do that..although my impression is that many dont want to hear it...

we are new to Viking O...but not new to Oceania....the food with Oceania is amazing...and when I can find a comparable price, I dont hesitate to book it....when I say comparable, Oceania includes all tours, flights/transfers, specialty rest. internet, etc...if it is an itinerary with lots of new ports, it is worth it for us , since tours are very expensive...

this is a different issue...I dont wish to derail the OP's topic....

Just so we don’t mislead people here.... flights are included if you wish to pay the higher price and land the day of embarkation, you can book a lot lower with no flights.  Transfers are not included. Tours, again, there is a higher price to get a few tours included, not all. Specialty Restaurants and internet are included in the basic price. 

Just booked Hawaii to Sydney on Solstice and it went up $800 overnight then a further $200 the next day. What is with that?Is that normal to go up so fast? I know once they release perks they go up a bit or as they sell but repositioning has no perks anyway!

2 hours ago, binbali said:

Just booked Hawaii to Sydney on Solstice and it went up $800 overnight then a further $200 the next day. What is with that?Is that normal to go up so fast? I know once they release perks they go up a bit or as they sell but repositioning has no perks anyway!

I’ve been waiting for connie’s Suez canal cruise to be posted and saw it today. I think Celebrity are high. They always blow that one out as a cheap repo. Right now they want over $2,600 US plus over $300 in taxes  pp and there are no perks. We’ll be waiting for that one to come down. 

10 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I’ve been waiting for connie’s Suez canal cruise to be posted and saw it today. I think Celebrity are high. They always blow that one out as a cheap repo. Right now they want over $2,600 US plus over $300 in taxes  pp and there are no perks. We’ll be waiting for that one to come down. 

It would be really good if X put a list of the planned charters with the new releases 😏. We’d love to do a sailing that included Japan, but know the chances of it going ahead are pretty slim; same with most of the Infinity cruises at the start of the year - they’re are usually charter after charter.

5 hours ago, villauk said:

It would be really good if X put a list of the planned charters with the new releases 😏. We’d love to do a sailing that included Japan, but know the chances of it going ahead are pretty slim; same with most of the Infinity cruises at the start of the year - they’re are usually charter after charter.

We have just booked 16 nights Japan to Singapore on the Eclipse October 2020! For us a fabulous itinerary...A couple of stops in Japan (we plan on arriving a couple of days early) then on to Taiwan, Halong Bay, Vietnam then Singapore.

No good for you if you have date restrictions as it is a one date only cruise but fabulous for us!

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

We have just booked 16 nights Japan to Singapore on the Eclipse October 2020! For us a fabulous itinerary...A couple of stops in Japan (we plan on arriving a couple of days early) then on to Taiwan, Halong Bay, Vietnam then Singapore.

No good for you if you have date restrictions as it is a one date only cruise but fabulous for us!

You stand a better chance with that one 🤞. Someone posted the other day that they’d booked 2 Japan itineraries for subsequent years and both had been cancelled due to charters. As you know, we are restricted with dates so would hate to find we couldn’t take the sailing - it would be highly unlikely that any other dates X offered would be suitable.