FLL airport to MIA airport without toll

berniez

I am sure this has been asked before. I am arriving at FLL airport, renting a car, staying in FLL  and the driving to MIA airport the next day. Trying to avoid tolls. It appears you can take 95S to 826 Palmetto Expressway to 948e to NW 42 South. Does this avoid tolls.

If you want to go that way, take I95 to the 826, then get off on 36th Street.  36th runs on the north side of the airport and is often faster than the toll road anyways.  You'll see a sign for the airport when you get to Le Jeune.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.8082677,-80.2664764,3a,75y,96.27h,100.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSzdg1xhGuaFsF8iACFJsPA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

It's very simple.  Just realized 948 is 36th.  So yes, you have the right idea.

Edited by BNBR

3 hours ago, berniez said:

I am sure this has been asked before. I am arriving at FLL airport, renting a car, staying in FLL  and the driving to MIA airport the next day. Trying to avoid tolls. It appears you can take 95S to 826 Palmetto Expressway to 948e to NW 42 South. Does this avoid tolls.

How much are the tolls?

http://www.floridasturnpike.com/TollCalc/index.htm

The safest bet is to take 95 to the Golden Glades interchange, where you'll go west on 826 about 5 miles to 37th Ave (Douglas Rd).  Go south on 37th past the Opa Locka airport and the Amazon.com fulfillment center.  37th turns into Le Jeune, which will take you directly to the airport. 

If you happen to pass 37th Avenue, you can go about another 10 -15 miles on 826 to NW 36th Street.  If you go east on NW 36th Street about 3 miles, you'll run into the airport.  

Hope this helps!!!

On 11/8/2018 at 12:55 PM, RocketMan275 said:

the concern is usually not the cost

but the fact that in DADE COUNTY tolls are all electronic payment - no cash option - if in a rental car this can result in additional charges on top of the actual tolls.

Here's the fastest, most direct route. It's all highway and NO tolls.

I 95 south

(No tolls as long as you stay out of the HOV Express lanes)

Exit 836 Dolphin expressway West (toll is only charged for Eastbound drivers)

Exit at Le Jeune Road (north). Follow signs for either the Airport or the Car Rental area.

The suggestion for 826 Palmetto to NW 37th Avenue fails to mention that NW 37h is a surface road with an 8 mile drive south down to the airport and traffic signals at least every mile for the major cross streets, if not more.

On 11/11/2018 at 9:36 AM, AdGuyMG said:

Here's the fastest, most direct route. It's all highway and NO tolls.

I 95 south

(No tolls as long as you stay out of the HOV Express lanes)

Exit 836 Dolphin expressway West (toll is only charged for Eastbound drivers)

Exit at Le Jeune Road (north). Follow signs for either the Airport or the Car Rental area.

The suggestion for 826 Palmetto to NW 37th Avenue fails to mention that NW 37h is a surface road with an 8 mile drive south down to the airport and traffic signals at least every mile for the major cross streets, if not more.

There is a charge going westbound as well.  Getting on the 836 from I95 and then off for the airport is 70 cents.

I am doing this in reverse.  MIA to FLL, with a stop at Hollywood Beach to kill some time.  Can I just reverse this route to avoid tolls as well?  Rental cars charge an additional fee...which was more than double the original toll!