Onboard Cash Account Question

OUTLAW777

1 minute ago, OUTLAW777 said:

My husband and I sail on Nov. 29th.  I have already paid for the drink package and gratuities and I have $50 OBC.  Will I still be required to put $200 per person on an account?

As I understand it that's just a guideline, you can put whatever you want on your account.

Back in the Stone Age, we started off our cruise at the Purser's, I mean service desk, creating writer's cramp with a fist full of Travler's Cheques to sign over in the amount of $500 for our account.
Anyhoo, however you choose to "pay the bill" is fine with the cruise line.

9 hours ago, jayscore said:

Back in the Stone Age, we started off our cruise at the Purser's, I mean service desk, creating writer's cramp with a fist full of Travler's Cheques to sign over in the amount of $500 for our account.
Anyhoo, however you choose to "pay the bill" is fine with the cruise line.

Hahaha....I had totally forgotten about "travelers cheques".  I always purchased too many  -always erred on the side of caution - and then would be using them at the grocery store and everywhere else when we returned home.

On 11/8/2018 at 10:49 AM, OUTLAW777 said:

My husband and I sail on Nov. 29th.  I have already paid for the drink package and gratuities and I have $50 OBC.  Will I still be required to put $200 per person on an account?

It might vary by port (many things seem to) but we didn't have to have anything on our account when we sailed from Baltimore in February. 

The card on file had been replaced with a new card and I had forgotten to change it before the cruise.  Check-in staff were unable to change the card and said to go to guest services once on board.  Guest services computers were down so I was unable to update there, but we also had some OBC so getting our first drinks wasn't an issue.  We later applied a gift card (once computers were running) and never did have a credit/debit card linked.