Cunard refused to honor OB

mpfund

Several months ago we took a QM2 t.a.  Our paperwork from Cunard (booking confirmation -- Guest Copy) showed an OBC of $100.00.  When we arrived on the ship they refused to honor it, although I showed the reception staff the paperwork.  When I returned home I asked my travel agent to follow up, which she did.  She was told they had no record of it and no way to research it.  

I realize it is a small amount but it is annoying and just reinforces my feeling the QM2 if Greyhound of the seas.  If there were any other way to get to Europe (I make every effort not to fly), I would not choose this line.

I would get your Travel agent to try again, if it's on your confirmation that should be enough.

We had the same problem on our first cruise, I didn't know enough to check that it had been applied and didn't realise until the final bill arrived.

Our Travel agent got us a check from Cunard when we returned home.

Now I always check on board and it hasn't been a problem since.

I once had a mismatch of OBC in my onboard account vs. what was on my paid invoice from the TA.

I contacted my TA who contacted Cunard. Meanwhile the Pursers desk contacted Cunard from their end. By the end of the cruise the OBC had been applied (it being the Christmas holidays slowed things down) and we suddenly found ourselves with a bounty of nonrefundable credit that had to he spent down quickly. That was the year DW got a nice sapphire pendant from the onboard shop.

It's very important to visit the Purser early in the cruise to verify the credit, and to have a copy of whatever written verification your TA has provided. In our case the mismatch was on the order of $600.

I believe it was a credit rom Cunard, as it did not fit the rest of MCC's category.  It was, I believe, a special promotion, but my memory may be faulty -- no detail given on the Cunard paperwork.

My ta is making up the difference.  Frankly, $100 is not a big deal (had it been $600 I would be screaming!).