Viking 2020/2021 World Cruise released

Jim Avery

15 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Really like the Meddy itinerary, which is a significantly more intensive than our 2020 itinerary. Also noted they re-introduced the overnight in Singapore, which we don't get.

You are right, the Med part is great.  If we had not done the Inaugural, we would be all over this.  Who knows, maybe we can have that drink/sea stories on this one?😎

10 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

You are right, the Med part is great.  If we had not done the Inaugural, we would be all over this.  Who knows, maybe we can have that drink/sea stories on this one?😎

Being but a poor pensioner, I can only wish we could afford B2B world cruises. It will be 5-years between our first WC and the 2020.

However, if we had to cancel the 2020 WC booking, I would certainly move it to the 2021 departure from L/A.

11 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Being but a poor pensioner, I can only wish we could afford B2B world cruises. It will be 5-years between our first WC and the 2020.

However, if we had to cancel the 2020 WC booking, I would certainly move it to the 2021 departure from L/A.

Haha, "poor pensioner".  But then, running away to sea has rarely been the path to max wealth.  We do the best we can with what we have, right?

Jim,

Certainly when we were at sea the money was OK, but not great, at least for me, as I always worked passenger ships. However, some areas of the industry are now making substantial incomes. On leaving Princess as Senior Second Officer, our son moved to private mega yachts of over 400 feet.  He is now on his 3rd yacht, a new building, and as Chief Officer relief Captain he making substantial money.

We figure 5-years between World Cruises is about the best we can do. My preference for the next one would be a repeat of your cruise, the 1st half of the 245 day WC. Been around the world many times, but never Norway, Greenland or around South America.