Ocean Medallion on Royal Princess

rkacruiser

#1:  Has this concept been implemented on Royal Princess?  (I sail on December 29, 2018.)

#2:  If so, how does this work?  I don't consider myself as being "tech savy".  A primer of what to expect prior to boarding would be very helpful.

No Ocean Medallion on the royal. Only on the Caribbean Princess and partially implemented on the Regal. Not sure of the rollout schedule for the Royal. 

Enjou your cruise!

Andrew 🙂

2 hours ago, Chowchows said:

Rumor is that it's being put in on the wet dock the 1st week of December, and rolled out on the Dec 8th cruise.

Cool!  That would be awesome.  I hope they can accomplish it.  We’re on the Royal in April 2019.

23 hours ago, Chowchows said:

Rumor is that it's being put in on the wet dock the 1st week of December, and rolled out on the Dec 8th cruise.

If so, will directions be provided for us less tech savvy folks prior to our embarking?  If so, where/when?

On 11/25/2018 at 8:37 PM, Chowchows said:

Will be on that cruise and have heard nothing about OM being deployed then.  I doubt they can install it in a week.

• Haha 1

The Royal was originally scheduled in January 2018 and for my Spring 2019 cruises on the Royal received an email that OM would not be on those cruises.

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you”.

That came from Princess so would be skeptical about it being implemented anytime soon.

• Like 1

We were on the "infamous" ABC Islands cruise on the Royal a few weeks ago. While there was no mention or evidence of OM on the ship, there certainly were a bunch of folks with OM shirts running around, so it's possible some backroom work was going on. FWIW, I found the Internet service on the Royal to be surprisingly good and reasonably fast, not only in the lower public areas but also in our far forward cabin. Hardly "hi-speed" but definitely usable for basic browsing and Email. Not a single drop out, and even on sea days, it was still usable.

• Like 1