Bring YETI versus onboard purchase?

susan12369

First time cruiser and I've looked for info but haven't found it yet.  What are your suggestions for whether I should bring my YETI insulated coffee mug or just plan to buy something onboard?  I'm guessing onboard purchases have a pretty big markup?

I always bring my insulated cup because it keeps my tea hot for a long time... also use it for iced drinks because it doesn’t sweat and the ice doesn’t melt quickly.  Learned to pack it in my carryon as well.  Get a nice big tea at the airport after security and can enjoy it on the plane!

7 minutes ago, susan12369 said:

First time cruiser and I've looked for info but haven't found it yet.  What are your suggestions for whether I should bring my YETI insulated coffee mug or just plan to buy something onboard?  I'm guessing onboard purchases have a pretty big markup?

No problem bringing your empty insulated mug onboard.

• 4 weeks later...

First timer on RC - will the bars fill your yeti mugs with drinks if asked?  Or will they only provide drinks in their own glasses?  I'd love to be able to get coffees in the morning and slushy drinks by the pool in the afternoon in my mug.

4 minutes ago, AspensMom73 said:

First timer on RC - will the bars fill your yeti mugs with drinks if asked?  Or will they only provide drinks in their own glasses?  I'd love to be able to get coffees in the morning and slushy drinks by the pool in the afternoon in my mug.

They will provide drinks in clean glasses which you can pour into your cup.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:22 AM, John&LaLa said:

Works really good for chilled wine 

Exactly. Especially if you want to bring some wine to dinner as you don’t have to worry about spilling along the way and they hold more than one glass. 

On 11/30/2018 at 10:17 AM, Host Clarea said:

No problem bringing your empty insulated mug onboard.

So true.  I had water and ice in my 30-oz Yeti.  At first, Security said they had to empty it, then she winked at me and said, “unless you need it to take medication” wink wink.  Lol. She let me keep it.  I bring it for iced water.