Any special events/viewing for The Oscars?

gardn198

I work in the film industry and I hate to miss the show. I didn't realize my 2/23 Horizon cruise falls on Oscar night 2/24 - I believe this is also the first formal night. Do they do a special viewing or special dinner theme for The Oscars?

The televisions in the bars have access to a wide variety of channels. While most of them are sports oriented, you could request the ABC broadcast be shown. There are a few dozen broadcasters carrying the broadcast world wide. Some of those signals may be available onboard too. This year the show will be limited to 3 hours, and some of the lesser awards will be handed out during commercials, edited and shown later without the walking and speeches. 

Look for me, I'll be wearing a tuxedo.:classic_wink:

5 minutes ago, Moviela said:

The televisions in the bars have access to a wide variety of channels. While most of them are sports oriented, you could request the ABC broadcast be shown. There are a few dozen broadcasters carrying the broadcast world wide. Some of those signals may be available onboard too. This year the show will be limited to 3 hours, and some of the lesser awards will be handed out during commercials, edited and shown later without the walking and speeches. 

Look for me, I'll be wearing a tuxedo.:classic_wink:

Oh wow!! What do you do in the industry? I'm an AE at Universal 🙂 I'm thinking a few of ours/Focus's will have some noms 

About 8 people in America care about the Oscars and negative 8 care about the Oscars while on a cruise so I'd guess no ....... Don't take my humor too seriously or be offended by it but nobody cares about that stuff in 2018 in the least. Maybe back in 1991 ....... There is no network TV anyhow .....