Edge Sunset Aft Cabins

ReneeFLL

5 hours ago, rhodgewald said:

Vibration update--by lunch time today, the issue was resolved.  Since then, the cabin has been like what I have been used to on past X cruises.  I spoke to another woman who was on deck 8 and she had the same issue and was able to move Sunday night.  Unfortunately, it is unclear what caused the issue--rougher seas or a ship-related problem.  Will be interesting to see if the problem recurs when we leave Puerto Rico tomorrow night. I will post on the cabin review thread at the end of the cruise.  Hoping that this was just an anomaly.

So glad it stopped! We've had vibrations sometimes when a ship (I can't remember which one{s}) when going full  speed to get to another port on time (I assume), but I checked yesterday and the Edge wasn't going full speed.

Anyway, relax and enjoy your cruise! 🙂

20 hours ago, Lastdance said:

How is your head from the fall? 

It's healing nicely, thank you. I wore concealer over the bruises at work and still got a couple of "Do you feel safe at home?" questions from colleagues. My poor DH can't wait until the bruises and split lip are totally gone.  My Edge scar will just add character (though there is already plenty of that!).

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

It's healing nicely, thank you. I wore concealer over the bruises at work and still got a couple of "Do you feel safe at home?" questions from colleagues. My poor DH can't wait until the bruises and split lip are totally gone.  My Edge scar will just add character (though there is already plenty of that!).

Oh dear, I just ready about your trial getting into the ship and I’m so glad you are healing well. How scary! While I feel bad your DH is getting side eyed, I am glad that your colleagues are checking to make sure nothing more sinister than a fall happened. You never know.

thank you OP! I was wondering about the white lines myself. And looking at the plan for this thread made me realize I was booked in an adjoining room without intending to and was able to switch it to one of the middle SVs on 11 so thank you for inadvertently helping me 😊

6 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

Oh dear, I just ready about your trial getting into the ship and I’m so glad you are healing well. How scary! While I feel bad your DH is getting side eyed, I am glad that your colleagues are checking to make sure nothing more sinister than a fall happened. You never know.

thank you OP! I was wondering about the white lines myself. And looking at the plan for this thread made me realize I was booked in an adjoining room without intending to and was able to switch it to one of the middle SVs on 11 so thank you for inadvertently helping me 😊

I think you will be happy with your SV. I'm wondering if the middle ones have bigger balconies. I saw the balconies for 2 end ones and they are very nice-sized.

image.png.cc89a4a7c94139f96e8248d69386f9fb.png

image.png.96e83bab71c7764dfe1a38f6c42d9ddc.png

Just to make sure everyone knows, the SV's on either end are connected to the S1s next door, but it is with an alcove outside the cabins and they also have the option to connect the balconies. There isn't a door inside that connects them. This is the alcove (there is one door from the hallway for both cabins and then separate doors inside the alcove).

image.thumb.png.9912a2172cb994817fd2357fe57bef9b.png

image.thumb.png.086ff4872c4524e32b2dd59453afe4fc.png

image.thumb.png.cca1121656ec01d486258c95bada694c.png

Oooh. Thank you for clarifying! I wish the guy at celebrity did but I’m sure he was more like “you want a room change? Okie dokie simple enough”. I imagined it had a connecting door and would have sound issues. Oh well, I left it for others that may want to share their balcony with a friend now!

5 hours ago, Lilikins said:

Oooh. Thank you for clarifying! I wish the guy at celebrity did but I’m sure he was more like “you want a room change? Okie dokie simple enough”. I imagined it had a connecting door and would have sound issues. Oh well, I left it for others that may want to share their balcony with a friend now!

We also switched to a middle SV ( thanks to info from Vt)...same reason...

I think the balcony will be awesome , fairly large and hopefully peaceful ( deck 7)

Vt..glad you are healing,..

My husband had some things removed from his face before we came to Fl. 

He is using Mederma, OTC,,..the sunscreen version. It is working very well!

It might  be good for your cruise or in general.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We also switched to a middle SV ( thanks to info from Vt)...same reason...

I think the balcony will be awesome , fairly large and hopefully peaceful ( deck 7)

Vt..glad you are healing,..

My husband had some things removed from his face before we came to Fl. 

He is using Mederma, OTC,,..the sunscreen version. It is working very well!

It might  be good for your cruise or in general.

Thanks, I will look into it!

On 12/17/2018 at 8:57 AM, vtcruising said:

No, that is strange. We were in 11268 corner aft and never felt any vibration that I can remember (if if were persistent, I would remember because that would annoy me). That was the quietest cabin we had of the three.  We even commented a few times about how smoothly the ship sailed and that we didn't even know when we were moving sometimes.

I'm sorry that you are going through that - I hope they will do something for you. It doesn't sound pleasant.

If you have time, please post on the cabin review thread so that others will know.

I hope it resolves soon!!

We were in 11268 and on the second night, Dec. 10, the cabin started shaking violently during the night waking us up. It only lasted for a few minutes but it was startling. Luckily it never happened again.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mast5 said:

Please, can someone post images of  Sunset veranda cabin and full balcony?

These were from our cabin crawl:

image.png.8654a013f6d19ffee24030ff2ffac06f.png

image.png.ce1039c564a481df8f50bf68f9be2631.png

image.png.882c20ec0f746f0d6a9f351f7212ec34.png

image.png.33aece0940ce1bc2227c96703dd2d9db.png

This shows how it can connect to the balcony next to it:

image.png.de4c05a7df17d7ff5433b9103ce2d5a1.png

Edited by vtcruising

I am happy that I did book a center SV on Edge for 2020 on deck 11.  I can compare it to 11268’s TA...still expensive, but half of what the suite cost for 11days/Adriatic.

i remember Marilyn saying that the SV was a hit of the cabin crawl...thanks to everyone!

Edited by Lastdance

Wow...they need to upgrade furniture.  I know in the IV not much fits..but this looks silly.

I am glad we have a middle SV.. It will be  very nice size..  Seems any issue will come from being over EDEN or the outside speaker!

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I am happy that I did book a center SV on Edge for 2020 on deck 11.  I can compare it to 11268’s TA...still expensive, but half of what the suite cost for 11days/Adriatic.

Should be wonderful! It's likely what we will book if we book Edge Class. Will book a couple of cruises on the Jan 20th cruise, but will wait to see how things go on that cruise and then decide whether it's E Class or S Class.

A friend just booked the 2020 Barcelona to FLL TA - that is very tempting - I do love Barcelona and Gaudi is calling my name....😉

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wow...they need to upgrade furniture.  I know in the IV not much fits..but this looks silly.

I am glad we have a middle SV.. It will be  very nice size..  Seems any issue will come from being over EDEN or the outside speaker!

I don't think the speaker will bother you - it's aimed the other direction. Let's hope!

If you think the furniture looks silly on the SV, you should see the same furniture on the 163 sq ft aft S1. 🙂  There's enough room left to play soccer out there. 😉

24 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I don't think the speaker will bother you - it's aimed the other direction. Let's hope!

If you think the furniture looks silly on the SV, you should see the same furniture on the 163 sq ft aft S1. 🙂  There's enough room left to play soccer out there. 😉

Agree about the furniture on the aft  S1's! X really needs to fix this. I've already canceled the third cruise we had booked on the Edge and one we had booked on Apex. We shall see what actions they take for our second Edge cruise in April. 

Edited by C-Dragons