Skagway Train Question

Oakman58

On the ride back to Skagway, make sure you are on the right side of the train or you will be looking at a rock wall just a few feet from the left side of the train.  If you want to take pictures, stand on the platform between the cars.

image.png.b20ce85e0ebffdf1b59b70b29b0c0110.png

Yes on the train sit on the left side going up the mountain from Skagway, right side headed back down. On the bus do the opposite, tight going up left going down.  Enjoy your trip, the longer the train ride the better. Best option if you can is the Lake Bennett option

• Like 1

On the day we took the train, once we reached the summit and were ready to head back to Skagway, the crew had everyone swap seats across the isle so everyone would get the window view. On the way back I went outside between cars and got great photos

16 hours ago, mskaufman said:

Absolutely stand between the cars.  I stood for almost the entire trip.

If you choose to stand between cars, please be considerate of others that may want to come out to take photos.  On one of my trips, there was a group of people who spent the entire trip on the platform, mostly just chatting and not even taking many photos.  I went out to try to get a photo and could not even get onto the platform.  Very frustrating!

• Like 4