Edge Live Dec 6

benebire

I am wondering how people are dressing on the ship. Are people a bit more dressed up than normal? Are more women wearing dresses at dinner... how about daytime.... usual very casual or nicer casual? Is the ship cool at night, need for a sweater or longer sleeves in evening? Sailing in a few weeks trying to pack

The sandwiches in Eden really look good.   Is it really packed or is it relatively easy to get a seat and service?

Also the picture of the Photo Gallery looks like they have gone totally digital and eliminated printing all those photos that are thrown own. 

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I asked a manager-type person when I discovered the separate upper smoking deck by the pool and she said that the only two areas to smoke on the ship for guests were the starboard Sunset Bar area and that raised portside deck next to the pool bar.

Hope cigars are Okay in both areas.. my dh enjoys his cigar..He will probably favor the one near the sunset bar.. He likes a nice scotch with it..I hate the smell and smoke...but he will be happy to know theres's a smoking spot..  looks nice in the photos

Thanks for a great ongoing review..We,ll skip the Jewel Box show based on the photos..but so many other great areas

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, benebire said:

Interesting conversation with another guest in pool today. She said she is Emerald on Royal and booked an OV guarantee on this sailing and at the 2 week mark was Upgraded to Aqua class for free. 

Good for her...guess they need to fill those rooms!  Upgrade to AQ is great..comes with BLU and thermal suite .

The AQ  room has an Enclosed Veranda, a possible plus,  and of course the same basic dorm rm decor!

Bet she was very pleased!

Just now, benebire said:

Hcat- I saw several cigar smokers in both areas.

Thanks ..showed dh your photos ( just not the shows  ) but he seems pleased

The lunch in EDEN looks very nice,!

Great review..

Jimlain- yes, no pre-printed photos . You view on screen and have a choice of digital or printed. Eden panini they took our order and name and said about 10 min wait to return. Seating was plentiful and the line was short. That was about 1:30 pm

Edited by benebire

Kearney- Definitely pack a sweater. I haven’t needed mine except once but it may be a bit chillier in a few weeks. Day time women’s dress very casual- sun dresses, capris, shorts, bathing suits n cover ups. Evening time about even between dresses and dressy top pant outfits. Evening chic night saw a few fancier dresses but no formal gowns. Lots of lil black dresses. 2 men in tuxes, several suits, lots of collared shirts with dressy trousers. 

Being used to balcony in RC , do you feel claustrophobic in the OV?

We are going for a family wedding renewal in Greece aboard the Aug 19 2019 sailing and the price of a balcony is too high.   The upgrade quoted to me to get into a balcony is 1k per person. 

Ok so unfortunately neither of us were fond of “The Purpose” show. I can’t quite put my finger on why but I suspect it has to do with not knowing any of the songs they performed. We left early. Other’s seemed to be enjoying it.

9FF0A5CD-1637-480E-BDA6-3A23890A511C.jpeg

DDE09809-49CB-43BF-B8C1-AA47B0C23F95.jpeg