Edge Live Dec 6

benebire

Very nice photos....Love the ship of pearls..where was that?  Must see..

The last photo  in first group looks like a nice show,, Where was that...what was the music like, lighting???

Where were the lamb chops?

Thanks...

Edited by hcat

So looks like there’s a few pretty negative reviews from regular celebrity cruisers. My perspective is quite different because this is our 1 st Celebrity cruise, so am comparing after 25 cruises on Royal. We normally book balcony on Royal but because of the cost chose oceanview for this one. Staff have been friendly and helpful. We are eating in main restaurants only and food is definitely a step up from Royal. For the smokers: one area is up some stairs and completely AWAY from any other guest traffic. Nice in that I do not have to feel guilty that I’m causing a non- smoker distress. 

• Thanks 1

It is interesting to hear your perspective as a Royal cruiser. We cruised Royal for years and now prefer Celebrity. I think people are trying to get used to a new style of ship - IMO it's too early to make a judgment. 🙂

I did go up into the smoking area by the pool and it looked nice. Do the bartenders give you good service up there?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, benebire said:

VT - Have not had any problem with noise at all and I’m pretty sensitive to noise while trying to sleep.

That's great! I like the look of your cabin! Being able to sit in the window is cool!

Would love to have your complete the Edge Cabin Review after your cruise, if you have time. A lot of people are trying to get info on the insides and ocean views. 🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

VT - The dedicated area off pool, no bar service up here but it’s close by. The 2 nd smoking area is VERY close to the Sunset Bar but much more open so a bit windy and the non- smokers need to walk past there. We have been asked if we would like drinks every time we have sat there. Will go get pics of that soon.

6 minutes ago, benebire said:

I will try and do a review when home. I’m not particularly good at doing them though and so many on here do such a good job of reviewing, makes me a bit intimidated to do a review.😂

The cabin review is just copying and pasting questions in a post and answering them, mostly yes and no - less intimidating. You are doing great on this thread! 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, benebire said:

VT - The dedicated area off pool, no bar service up here but it’s close by. The 2 nd smoking area is VERY close to the Sunset Bar 

Hi!  Thanks for your pics.  Very helpful.  I read that there was a smoking section in one of the lower decks, by Eden.  Is this the case?

27 minutes ago, benebire said:

I will try and do a review when home. I’m not particularly good at doing them though and so many on here do such a good job of reviewing, makes me a bit intimidated to do a review.😂

Definitely do a review.  It will be interesting to get an opinion of the ship from one who wasn't in a lovely suite.  Tell us how you liked your OV cabin, the shows,  the food (which restaurants did you try), other things about the ship you especially liked.   I am sure we will enjoy your personal review from a different perspective.  

Thanks!

Garda- The first day we asked several employees and 1 said Deck 5 outside Eden BUT  once we got out there we did not see any ashtrays so we asked another employee out there and he stated that they did have smoking out there prior to it coming to The US but that they had now removed it so as far as I know only the two areas.

42 minutes ago, benebire said:

VT - The dedicated area off pool, no bar service up here but it’s close by. The 2 nd smoking area is VERY close to the Sunset Bar but much more open so a bit windy and the non- smokers need to walk past there. We have been asked if we would like drinks every time we have sat there. Will go get pics of that soon.

If I am in the smoking section, do I have to smoke?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, benebire said:

Garda- The first day we asked several employees and 1 said Deck 5 outside Eden BUT  once we got out there we did not see any ashtrays so we asked another employee out there and he stated that they did have smoking out there prior to it coming to The US but that they had now removed it so as far as I know only the two areas.

Thanks Benebire.  

14 minutes ago, Pennstateman said:

If I am in the smoking section, do I have to smoke?

Yes, it's a requirement,  every time I walked through the smoking area near the sunset bar during the December 1 cruise they would stop me, shove a cigarette and lighter into my hand and I'd have to light up and take a couple drags to fulfill the requirement then move on to the bar to get a good strong drink to take the taste out of my mouth...it was nothing really..I got used it quickly (I stopped smoking over 40 years ago).  😉😉😜😜

Edited by Mainah
  • Haha 4