Edge Live Dec 6

benebire

6 minutes ago, Mainah said:

Yes, it's a requirement,  every time I walked through the smoking area near the sunset bar during the December 1 cruise they would stop me, shove a cigarette and lighter into my hand and I'd have to light up and take a couple drags to fulfill the requirement then move on to the bar to get a good strong drink to take the taste out of my mouth...it was nothing really..I got used it quickly (I stopped smoking over 40 years ago).  😉😉😜😜

Oh dear I was hoping that all I needed to do was set myself on fire in order to smoke 

• Haha 1

We are also in an ocean view on Deck 3(3158) which is directly beside Martini Bar and, of course, was somewhat concerned about noise. Although I will be visiting the Martini Bar and be part of the fun. Glad to hear it is not an issue and I guess the wall and corridor are good blockers.  Our cabin is directly in line with the Magic Carpet.  Wonder how that will be.  I am just glad we are on the Edge no matter what.

We have specialty dining and wonder if you have heard anything about people having trouble getting dinner reservations once on board.

Thanks for review so far.  Very helpful.  I will keep reading as your week onboard continues.

1 hour ago, benebire said:

I will try and do a review when home. I’m not particularly good at doing them though and so many on here do such a good job of reviewing, makes me a bit intimidated to do a review.😂

Your photos are beautiful, benebire, and your comments about the OV cabin and the ship are filling in some gaps for us. I also appreciate your comments about the smoking areas. I’ve been hoping to take a Celebrity cruise with my sister (who smokes) but if there’s no smoking area on deck 5 (as there is on the other Celebrity ships) Edge probably won’t work for her. Please do continue your review. We need fresh voices and perspectives🙂

Once you have disembarked, it would be great if you’d post your cabin review in VT’s cabin information spreadsheet: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

Edited by Silkroad

1 hour ago, benebire said:

Garda- The first day we asked several employees and 1 said Deck 5 outside Eden BUT  once we got out there we did not see any ashtrays so we asked another employee out there and he stated that they did have smoking out there prior to it coming to The US but that they had now removed it so as far as I know only the two areas.

I asked a manager-type person when I discovered the separate upper smoking deck by the pool and she said that the only two areas to smoke on the ship for guests were the starboard Sunset Bar area and that raised portside deck next to the pool bar.

When you are done can you do a cabin review on the thread VT set up. So far no Ocean views are there (it is a bit early)... I think your input would be very helpful... particularly any comments on noise...or lack of it from martini bar... reactions to the cabin... One benefit that you have is that you see the ocean up close.... Deck 6 over looks lifeboats and even higher decks view straight down is often impacted as well. Is the window large enough to lighten up the cabin? Thanks for the photos

Kearny- I will do so. The Interesting part is that deck three was the only available Oceanview we normally book deck six had that been available I most likely would’ve gone for that.  But we are totally loving the ocean view on deck three very close to the water and the ledge on the ocean view window makes it able for me to sit in the window and literally look right at the water it’sreally nice to see the water up close.

Edited by benebire

Thanks, benebire!  You are doing a super job!  Don't even for a minute think that you are not good at this... you are great!  Thank you for sharing your time, photos and insight with all of us.  We Edgies cannot get enough and appreciate your additions to our knowledge of all things Edge.

Bon Voyage - Enjoy the rest of your trip!

~Barbara~

• Like 1

There are a number of people who expressed concerns about the suite area being restricted and there being no access to forward looking views for non-suite passengers. Have you felt in anyway restricted... did you notice areas cutoff from non-suite passengers.. or do you think people are overly concerned about this 'class' separation?

Kearney- We did end up at the dead end where the retreat door is at before we got our bearings. But honestly, I feel they did a good job with making you feel connected to the sea. Again, keep in mind we have NOT sailed Celebrity before so NO we don’t feel restricted but do not know what the other Celebrity ships are like.Even the 2 smoking areas have great connection to the water. 

Edited by benebire
  • Like 1