Milk Alternatives

Funtimes1023

24 minutes ago, Funtimes1023 said:

I would like to get almond milk on my upcoming cruise. I don't recall seeing it on other cruises. Does anyone know if this is available and if so how I get access to it?

You need to fill in a Special Needs form, So that it can be pre ordered. I am Dairy Intolerant and originally used to request Soya milk, but one day I saw Lactose Free, so I now request that, as it doesn’t curdle in coffee as Soya milk does.

Edited by upwarduk

9 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

You need to fill in a Special Needs form, So that it can be pre ordered. I am Dairy Intolerant and originally used to request Soya milk, but one day I saw Lactose Free, so I now request that, as it doesn’t curdle in coffee as Soya milk does.

Is Lactose free milk readily available on the ships or do I need to fill out a special needs form ahead of time?  I'd think it's a pretty standard item nowadays. Thanks!

16 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Is Lactose free milk readily available on the ships or do I need to fill out a special needs form ahead of time?  I'd think it's a pretty standard item nowadays. Thanks!

I think you need to ask your TA that, but I fill out the form, as I have done for the last 8 years. That way I also have special sweets made for me.

A4701525-E501-4371-BAB7-C06EE13FCF53.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

Considering that approximately two thirds of adults are lactose intolerant, dairy alternatives pretty readily available. If one has an unusually severe case of lactose intolerance where even small quantities of dairy cause significant distress, notifying special needs is likely prudent (as one will require accommodations beyond milk), but otherwise there are alternatives to milk readily available - so no need to notify in advance if one is not seeking a 100% dairy free diet.

Just returned from the Equinox sailing last Saturday. A variety of dairy free milks are available at breakfast but you won't find them at lunch in the buffet. Nor will you find dairy free margarine or dairy free desserts available (except jello and fruit)  I fill out the special request forms months in advance and they still act like they know nothing about this request when I board.  It is so frustrating.  On a seven day cruise I was given no dessert the first night, a poached pear the second, the same chocolate cake for 2 nights and a strawberry cake for the next 3 nights.  It is always disappointing since I can't eat any of the offerings in the cafe at lunch.  I look forward to a special treat at dinner and to be offered fruit is insulting and desserts that are repeated night after night is just sad.