Motion on Carnival Horizon/NCL Escape/Getaway

Islandsunrise

Wondering if anyone has sailed the Horizon and NCL Escape/Getaway?  Was the motion was similar?  Some of my party sailed the Carnival Breeze a few years ago and had motion sickness here and there, but never felt a thing on the other two ships.  Of course weather and currents make a difference, but we're just wondering.  Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Islandsunrise said:

Of course weather and currents make a difference, but we're just wondering.  Thanks!

I think you answered your own question. You’d need to place both ships in exact weather, sea conditions and location to make an accurate comparison. You can sail the same ship multiple times and each time the ride may feel completely different. 

I sailed  on the Vista (sister ship of the Horizon), Sailed the Norwegian Escape, Sailed the Norwegian Breakaway (somewhat sister ship of the Escape) twice and never had any issues with motions. 

Edited by shof515

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I sailed  on the Vista (sister ship of the Horizon), Sailed the Norwegian Escape, Sailed the Norwegian Breakaway (somewhat sister ship of the Escape) twice and never had any issues with motions. 

Good to know, thank you! 🙂

I've sailed the Vista, Horizon and the Breakaway twice, all in calm seas, and never noticed any motion.  The larger ships, IMO, sail so much smoother than the smaller, older builds.

I've been on the Dream in 12 ft seas waiting for a hurricane to pass by NOLA so we could enter the Mississippi, and the ship handled the waves fine.

In addition to the factors already stated about how weather and sea conditions affect sailing comfortability is the direction that waves hit the ship.  A ship plowing through waves head first will be steadier, relatively speaking, than the same size waves hitting the ship broadside.