Captain's Club Points with Flights by Celebrity

Cruise Raider

I just had to laugh when I checked into getting my flights by Celebrity booked for the extra Captain's Club points.  My flight is from SFO to LAX ... so many of you might know that I can usually get this flight on SW for $59 each way pp.  On Celebrity, though, it was over $600 roundtrip.  Then, I thought, surely, that is for first class ... oooops ... my mistake.  That fare was nearly $1300 pp.  Yikes ... that is what the cruise cost me.  Needless to say, those are some expensive Captain's Club points.  

Wow!

You really have to know what prevailing prices are, and that is a shame, because some people may book that, and feel they are getting a great deal.  Check and re-check your prices.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pacurnl said:

Wow!

You really have to know what prevailing prices are, and that is a shame, because some people may book that, and feel they are getting a great deal.  Check and re-check your prices.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thankfully, there are many websites out there for researching pricing.  It just so happens we are flying down to LA this spring and got airfare for a fraction of the price that Celebrity had listed.  

Checking and rechecking pricing is always on my to do list.  I just saved even more money by checking my air pricing for a cruise next spring.  Ahhhh ... the beauty of booking on Southwest ... changes, even for price drops, don't cost anything.  

On 12/19/2018 at 7:41 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Needless to say, those are some expensive Captain's Club points.  

Not experienced Captains Club points for our flights which we booked through Celebrity.

How many C C points did you get for your flight?

55 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

I have booked through Flights By Celebrity but have never received Captains Club points for it.

You don't usually get points for Flights but there is a current promotion where they will give you 25 points for booking Flights by Celebrity.

According to the Celebrity website they price match.  However my one experience with that was not successful.  I did find a lower price and emailed them, but by the time they looked at it a week later the lower price was no longer available so wouldn't honour it.  It was only about $50 so not a big deal.  If this happened again I would phone vs email.

For our last few cruises we have booked air thru Celebrity but made sure to price check first, and other than that one time Celebrity was same price as other sites.  With all kinds of extreme weather, drones closing airports etc we like the added security of knowing Celebrity will get us to the ship if we book air thru them.  We have never received captains club points....looks like this is a current promotion.

I am currently pricing airfare from Montreal to Barcelona for a Sep 2019 cruise.  Celebrity does appear more expensive...but that is because other sites are offering a new "no frills" Air Canada basic fare that doesn't include checked luggage and is totally non-refundable.  So need to be sure comparing apples to apples.  I am hoping for a Boxing Day sale....fingers crossed!!  

Flights by Celebrity gives you the best prices available on your flights. We guarantee it. Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee** means you get the best value in air travel—a benefit no other cruise line offers. So, there’s no need to jump from site to site comparing rates—we do that for you. And, if you book with us and find a lower fare within 24 hours of booking your air, we’ll credit you 110% of the difference to spend onboard your cruise. Either way—you win. And, there’s absolutely no booking fee when you use Flights by Celebrity.

THE current promotion is 10points per booking until the end of the year, to be awarded after the cruise is completed.  There has been a thread about this already on Cruise Critic with all the details.  The offer appeared in a recent Captain’s Club newsletter

14 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Not experienced Captains Club points for our flights which we booked through Celebrity.

How many C C points did you get for your flight?

It was 10 points offered via an email from Celebrity.  I certainly didn't book through 'Flights by Celebrity' considering those prices but my cruise is nearly a year from now so no good pricing was available.  It is only being offered for a specified period of time.  Too bad ...I've booked my flights from them in the past and there was no deal on extra points or better pricing.  As a matter of fact, using the flight service one time screwed everything up on my flight reservation.  It took me a total of 4 full Sunday afternoons to get it straightened out ... then, they'd change it again and even put me on a different flight than the rest of my group.  It was very frustrating.  I did use it for another sailing last year and it worked out well.  The benefit of using it, even though there was no savings on the flight is that if you purchase your insurance through the cruiseline, it covers your flights as well without any additional charge over and above what the charge for insuring the cruise alone ... that was the way it was last year, anyway.  The caveat is that the insurance must be purchased BEFORE you book your flights through Easy Air ... or whatever they called it at the time.