yc restaurant Seaside

booklady26

Correct, Arthur got a promotion after his last contract on the Seaside and is now a head waiter in the Black Crab dining room on the Divina. We saw him last week and requested to get moved to his section where he now oversees a group of waitstaff. It was his first trip on the ship and it was still impressive to watch him work. He is head and shoulders above the average dining room staff in his manners, recommendations and expertise. We also saw him working in the buffet area during breakfast and lunch times. 

17 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

The Maitre'd on the Seaside is David from Honduras. He is excellent!  I think he was better than the previous ones we have had (Luigi, Guiseppe, etc.).  

Wow.  He must really be good.  We don't sail Seaside again until next December. Hope he has a contract then as well.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 6:54 PM, Cruisergal1208 said:

King. He trained under Arthur. 

Thank you very much. Have you had King as your server. We loved Arthur and sailing again in February and havent seen anyone mention any other outstanding servers. 

On 1/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, rhentze said:

With Arthur gone, any other server recommendations in the Seasude Yacht Club?

We had Allesandra and she was excellent also but don't know if he is back on the Seaside.

19 hours ago, js said:

Thank you very much. Have you had King as your server. We loved Arthur and sailing again in February and havent seen anyone mention any other outstanding servers. 

HI, just checked with an asst. server I know on board and he recommends Alex or Randy.  I don't think we have had either of them before but Alex is highly recommended.  I'm sure any of them will take very good care of you.  Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

HI, just checked with an asst. server I know on board and he recommends Alex or Randy.  I don't think we have had either of them before but Alex is highly recommended.  I'm sure any of them will take very good care of you.  Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for checking! Thank you!

Hi Joy, we had Randy when we sailed with a group of 10 back in October. He was a lot of fun and very personable. He would sing at times, he even danced with one of our friends. If you end up with him ask him about the time he got called to the Royal suite!!  

E77D0A81-1819-41E9-976A-59BBA292B461.jpeg

10 minutes ago, ptuder said:

Hi Joy, we had Randy when we sailed with a group of 10 back in October. He was a lot of fun and very personable. He would sing at times, he even danced with one of our friends. If you end up with him ask him about the time he got called to the Royal suite!!  

E77D0A81-1819-41E9-976A-59BBA292B461.jpeg

Hi! Loved reading your review and then seeing it was you!!  Where is your next adventure?

I will ask for Randy and ask him about your dinner. Wished I was there lol

Hope all is well!

ps, look at our “start” dates on cc. We are almost identical. 

Edited by js

On 1/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, js said:

Hi! Loved reading your review and then seeing it was you!!  Where is your next adventure?

I will ask for Randy and ask him about your dinner. Wished I was there lol

Hope all is well!

ps, look at our “start” dates on cc. We are almost identical. 

Interesting fact on the start date although you’ve been a much better participant than me!  I’ve been too busy learning to make “world famous toast”😜

12 hours ago, ptuder said:

Interesting fact on the start date although you’ve been a much better participant than me!  I’ve been too busy learning to make “world famous toast”😜

OMG, you remembered! Haven't made that famous toast in a while, kids try not to do carbs but may have

to break out my skills this weekend in the snow storm we are getting 😞

Hope all is well!

just back from Seaside Saturday. Had Drago as server in the YCR and was excellent in addition to sharing my humor. Maitre'D David is excellent and very accommodating (thank you for the oysters). Julia, the hostess is a sweetheart, and makes you very welcome. Miss them all!