creating a roll call

I've tried to create a roll call for Seabourn Quest April 17, 2019 but even though my post is in another area, it's not on the Quest roll calls.  What am I doing wrong? The existing ones have a dot to the left of the post.  Mine doesn't.  jnccruisin

51 minutes ago, jnccruisin said:

I've tried to create a roll call for Seabourn Quest April 17, 2019 but even though my post is in another area, it's not on the Quest roll calls.  What am I doing wrong? The existing ones have a dot to the left of the post.  Mine doesn't.  jnccruisin

If you mean it's not on the "Find Your Roll Call" link, it does take a little time for the Roll Call finder tool to pick up on new Roll Calls.

As noted, your Roll Call is in the proper place.  

I think because you added 'roll call,' to the title thread, the comma might keep it off the finder tool.  There is a dot to the left.  Maybe you are not understanding the 'dot'  It should be a star for you, as you started it and replied to it.  If you had only read it, it would be a dot.  If there are no new posts since your last visit, the star/dot will be so pale you can't see it.  It will reappear when someone replies.  EM

18 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I think because you added 'roll call,' to the title thread, the comma might keep it off the finder tool.  There is a dot to the left.  Maybe you are not understanding the 'dot'  It should be a star for you, as you started it and replied to it.  If you had only read it, it would be a dot.  If there are no new posts since your last visit, the star/dot will be so pale you can't see it.  It will reappear when someone replies.  EM

The roll call finder only looks for a date (in the correct format).  It doesn't really matter what else is in the title UNLESS the space immediately in front or behind the date has something in it.

For example a title that says "XXX Roll Call March 12, 2019" will be picked up, but one that says "XXX Roll Call-March 12, 2019" will not because the dash is immediately in front of the date.

That said, it looks to me (and it could be my eyes tricking me) that there's a space between the "7" and the comma in the date.  If so, that would cause the thread to not be picked up by the Roll Call Finder tool.

Edited by Shmoo here