Carnival shuttle from Galveston port to IAH

SDJen

Trying to narrow down options for cruise in April and would appreciate any advice. Myself and my teenage daughter will need to get from Galveston back to IAH. We have a flight after 2 pm so trying to kill time on the ship and not the airport. Curious how the Carnival shuttle works? Do you have an assigned time/bus? Do you get your own luggage and put on the bus yourself? If anyone has done this and would share details I would appreciate it. I would rather pay a little more and not have to sit and wait at the port etc... Thanks!

I have not taken the Carnival shuttle from Galveston to airport, I did take one in Long Beach, CA and we set up luggage out and the driver put it away. We got off the ship late and grabbed a Carnival shuttle.  They called us by airline and we got off in that order.  It was very smooth.  

When we went back to IAH after our cruise, we used a private shuttle company.  Be forewarned that fog can often delay the ship in the cruise port in Galveston.  We were on RCCL last January and almost missed our 2:00 flight out of IAH due to fog.  I will always self disembark at Galveston from now on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyStar said:

I have not taken the Carnival shuttle from Galveston to airport, I did take one in Long Beach, CA and we set up luggage out and the driver put it away. We got off the ship late and grabbed a Carnival shuttle.  They called us by airline and we got off in that order.  It was very smooth.  

When we went back to IAH after our cruise, we used a private shuttle company.  Be forewarned that fog can often delay the ship in the cruise port in Galveston.  We were on RCCL last January and almost missed our 2:00 flight out of IAH due to fog.  I will always self disembark at Galveston from now on.  

Fog is an issue in Texas winter. The OP is doing an April cruise. By then Galveston is well into spring.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SDJen said:

Trying to narrow down options for cruise in April and would appreciate any advice. Myself and my teenage daughter will need to get from Galveston back to IAH. We have a flight after 2 pm so trying to kill time on the ship and not the airport. Curious how the Carnival shuttle works? Do you have an assigned time/bus? Do you get your own luggage and put on the bus yourself? If anyone has done this and would share details I would appreciate it. I would rather pay a little more and not have to sit and wait at the port etc... Thanks!

Galveston Express offers luggage storage in their office which is about three blocks from the port entrance. You can leave your luggage there and spend some time downtown at the shops and restaurants before taking a later shuttle to the airport.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MoCowBell said:

Galveston Express offers luggage storage in their office which is about three blocks from the port entrance. You can leave your luggage there and spend some time downtown at the shops and restaurants before taking a later shuttle to the airport.

SOME OPTIONS: 

Galveston Express 

Galveston Limo. 

Super Shuttle.

Action Limo. 

Galveston Cruise Transfers Co. 

Uber. 

Cabs. 

Lyft.

there are others 

Cruise lines provide transfers between Airports and Terminals 

only on the same days of cruises lines having ships in port 

In town service with Cabs, Uber, Lyft, hotel in-house transfers , and Galveston Trolleys are excellent 

• Like 1