Epcot day pass

Nextcruise42

7 minutes ago, Nextcruise42 said:

We will be stopping in Port Canaveral for a day and are planning to book ncl transfer to Epcot. Has anyone purchased tickets in advance or is it best to purchase at park? 

I believe they are slightly cheaper if you purchase in advance online rather than at the gate.

We've been to Disney World 13X on land vacations and always spend at least a week there. Epcot is one of our favorite parks. That said, it's 65 miles from Port Canaveral so you're looking at 2 1/2 to 3 hour round trip transportation. I don't know how long you're in port but I would definitely keep the transportation time in mind when making a decision. IMO, Disney World parks are made for land vacations so you have plenty of time to explore. Even a couple of days for one park (especially Epcot) is not enough. Again, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextcruise42 said:

We will be stopping in Port Canaveral for a day and are planning to book ncl transfer to Epcot. Has anyone purchased tickets in advance or is it best to purchase at park? 

We've been to Disney for decades.  The introduction of the FastPass system has made it great for us as we plan well ahead and when the "clock starts" for bookings.

I do not know the date of your sailing, but you should find the date that you can reserve your FastPass selections for Epcot.  If you are behind the Disney on-site guests, and Annual Pass guests, there is a chance you will not get to experience the top attractions (that are rides) at Epcot.

If you are not in to rides ('Soarin, Test Track, etc.) then not a problem.  Enjoy Epcot, and consider using the International Gateway to the Epcot hotels and boardwalk (lunch options abound).

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

If you are going in late January, Festival of the Arts starts January 18 and runs through early March. And March 8-early June, Flower and Garden happens. Typically, the decor is pretty cool and there are kiosks by the countries that sell special food and drink items. Smaller scale than Food & Wine in the fall, but still very fun.

We are Disney annual passholders and Epcot is our favorite park. Not sure I'd do a day trip while on a cruise, because of the limited time and park expense and the time it takes to get to/from. If you decide to do it, they now have pricing that varies by day and time of year. Popular days and weekends are more expensive than weekdays or quieter times of the year. You can check Disney's website for the price you'd pay for the day you're looking at. IIRC, the prices online are the same as at the parks. We brought my parents in September for a day and they waited until arrival to purchase since the tickets were the same amount. (They hadn't switched to day-based prices at that point.) Also, if you're a AAA member, you can save a little money on tickets, too.

Enjoy your cruise, and if you go, Epcot!

3 hours ago, Nextcruise42 said:

Both of my children did college interneships at Disney. I spent literally hundreds of days in the park. Unless you go to Disney often, don't spend the money unless you are going to be able to be in the park at least 8 hours, it is simply not worth it.

We have done this before except we went to magic kingdom. With the new fast pass system you are better off buying tickets in advance picking a few rides you MUST do and getting fast passes for them. We are only in port from 1p.m. - 9p.m. this time and feel that is not enough time to enjoy going to Disney. We have been to Disney 12 times in the last 11 years.