Onboard booking

cruiseluv

Can onboard booking and resulting perks just be done while literally being onboard? I haven't done an onboard booking in ages and know that the rules have probably changed since, I think I read somewhere, but can't find it ,that you can do it for a time before boarding a cruise and after disembarkation? Would appreciate any clarification of current rules. TIA

We always book while onboard in order to get the price guarantee, discount and $200 OBC for your current cruise.  We planned on booking a cruise when we were on our November, 2018 cruise but were told by our TA that we could get all of the benefits of booking onboard if we book 30 days prior to the cruise.  That is what we did and they were right - it was the same as booking on board.  

I am not familiar with booking after the cruise but think that someone wrote about it recently on CC.  

Hi Travelcat, thank you so much for your response. I'm glad I'm not imagining things as for sure I had read somewhere of the 30 days prior. Appreciate you confirming that's possible. I'll try to confirm if there's also flexibility post cruise to do an "onboard" booking. 

Is the price guarantee that if your category goes down in price they'll adjust your invoice? Thanks!

You can book with your Travel Agent or by calling Regent 30 days before you get onboard.  You get all of the benefits as if you were onboard.

Hopefully this link will work to explain:  https://www.rssc.com/onboard-savings-program?s

Additionally, they used to have a program called "Welcome Home" which had reduced incentives and discount after you departed a cruise.  I am not sure if this is still available.

Yes, the Welcome Home discount is still available; we used it last month. It is a smaller discount than the onboard booking and obviously no onboard credit, but ar least it is something.

4 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Yes, the Welcome Home discount is still available; we used it last month. It is a smaller discount than the onboard booking and obviously no onboard credit, but ar least it is something.

No, if you read the information from Regent you  do get the OBC and other benefits. If you didn't I'd give them a call.

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

No, if you read the information from Regent you  do get the OBC and other benefits. If you didn't I'd give them a call.

How does one receive $200 OBC for their "current cruise" when the cruise is over?  

14 hours ago, Anchorbuoy said:

You can book with your Travel Agent or by calling Regent 30 days before you get onboard.  You get all of the benefits as if you were onboard.

Hopefully this link will work to explain:  https://www.rssc.com/onboard-savings-program?s

We took advantage of the "30 day prior" booking window just before our cruise which commenced late September.

We found the added advantages of the new "on-board" booking window to be:

• We could weigh up the options at home and discuss easily with our TA and Regent to ensure we achieved what we wanted at the best discount our TA could offer
  • We did not waste valuable cruise time . Much as we like the on-board cruise consultants we do not want to spend too much time in their office 😉
  • The $200 OBC per booked cruise was available from day 1 of the cruise
  • We finalised our future bookings just before one of the regular Regent price reviews (and before any further slide in the £GBP caused by BREXIT uncertainty) 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:09 AM, flossie009 said:

We took advantage of the "30 day prior" booking window just before our cruise which commenced late September.

We found the added advantages of the new "on-board" booking window to be:

• We could weigh up the options at home and discuss easily with our TA and Regent to ensure we achieved what we wanted at the best discount our TA could offer
  • We did not waste valuable cruise time . Much as we like the on-board cruise consultants we do not want to spend too much time in their office 😉
  • The $200 OBC per booked cruise was available from day 1 of the cruise
  • We finalised our future bookings just before one of the regular Regent price reviews (and before any further slide in the £GBP caused by BREXIT uncertainty) 

Thanks.....

I think that we answered the question regarding booking before a cruise several posts ago.  The TS also wants to know how it works after the cruise.  Anchorbuoy gave some input but does anyone have first hand recent knowledge of booking within 30 days after your cruise.

I find it interesting that some posters do not want to spend time with the Cruise Consultant onboard.  They have so much knowledge and have even changed our mind about what we were going to book based on their experience.  You can visit them even if you aren't sure that you want to book a cruise but want to take advantage of the refundable deposit that can be used for up to two years once you decide which cruise you are interested in.  Cruise Consultants are so important that when we did not have one onboard during a Thanksgiving cruise that we received OBC's for our next cruise from Regent.  

In the U.S. (and probably Canada) if you are nearing the time when Regent may increase the fare of the cruise you looking at before you are able to get onboard, you can book it and once you get on the ship your TA can retroactively give you the onboard booking credit (no OBC's) IF there is availability in the suite category that you booked (this is a good thing but you are taking somewhat of a risk if the cruise you are looking at is filling up).  

Edited by Travelcat2