Questions from a First Time Cruiser

BosoxI

Please pardon me for asking, but I cannot easily find recent information.

We'll be taking our first Oceania cruise in a few months.  My SIL was on a Baltic cruise recently and said she and her friend had no trouble boarding with six bottles of wine each.  Is this standard procedure or a fluke?  I have no desire to cart six bottles of wine anywhere, but I would like to bring a lesser number on board.

She was in a standard cabin but said she called Oceania and had no trouble booking restaurants well in advance of her cruise.  We'll be in a Penthouse and assume we have to wait until fifteen days before sailing.  She was O Life, we are not.  Confusion reigns.

Thanks for any current information

You can take wine on board with no trouble.  You will pay $25 corkage in the restaurant .  Once the bottle is opened it will be stored for you until next time  (assuming that there is some left)  You can also take wine on board at any port.

Surely you can book the restaurants well before 15 days in advance of sailing, specially if you are in a Penthouse suite??   You have priority booking.

Yes you can take  wine, spirits aboard  no problem for use in your cabin

As mentioned you can take  the bottle of  wine to the dining venues & pay the corkage fee

If you are in a PH  you can book the Specialties 75 days out

Check on your invoice Page 3  for the date  or go online  to MY ACCOUNT  then BOOKED CRUISES

On the right side it will show the date the  reservations open  for you to book

29 minutes ago, BosoxI said:

Please pardon me for asking, but I cannot easily find recent information.

We'll be taking our first Oceania cruise in a few months.  My SIL was on a Baltic cruise recently and said she and her friend had no trouble boarding with six bottles of wine each.  Is this standard procedure or a fluke?  I have no desire to cart six bottles of wine anywhere, but I would like to bring a lesser number on board.

She was in a standard cabin but said she called Oceania and had no trouble booking restaurants well in advance of her cruise.  We'll be in a Penthouse and assume we have to wait until fifteen days before sailing.  She was O Life, we are not.  Confusion reigns.

Thanks for any current information

First off, fire your TA if s/he couldn't answer these questions.

Secondly, you may want to learn how to master the CC search feature since there are many many many many threads on "how much personal wine/booze." 

That said, while Oceania has a CYA statement in their T&C regarding a bottle limit, regular practice is that you can bring as much wine/spirits as you want. Depending on Cruise length, we will often bring 6-12 initial bottles of wine with us at embarkation and replenish our stock in ports as needed. We most recently did a case on our November Amazon cruise and will do the same on our February Cape Horn one.

FYI, we pack collapsible, sturdy but lightweight cardboard carriers (from wineries) in our checked bags and, having researched better local retail wine shops, pack our pre-cruise purchases in them. They then can be conveniently bungeed to our short rollaboards at embarkation.

Of course, your personal wine/spirits are for consumption in your cabin though you can bring wine to dinner for a $25 corkage fee. But, whatever you do, don't think that carrying a glass of wine from cabin to restaurant is OK. Oceania cruisers have no problem following the rules and are rewarded with an ultra-liberal personal booze practice.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2018_09_25_07:58:14.jpg

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Oceania does not care how much booze you bring on as long as you contain it to in room consumption or pay corkage on the wine which you bring into the restaurants.

Specialty Restaurant Reservations may be booked pre cruise on a sliding schedule based on accomodations booked :

For All Vessels:
-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Edited by StanandJim

Thanks to the three people who responded so quickly and civilly to a traveler in need.  You're exactly the type people we hope to meet on board.  And three out of four is good enough to lead any league, if you know what I mean.:classic_rolleyes: