4 person room with only 3 people

mmbaldwin

We have an extended balcony booked on the Carnival Pride for May 19. It will be me, my husband, and our 3 year old. 

There are more "4 person" rooms still available than there are "3 person" rooms. The difference is having the pull down bunk vs. the couch turned into a bed. 

We like the location of the "4 person" rooms and would love to switch to one of them. 

Is this possible if we're sailing with only 3 people? Please reply if you have experience with this! 

Thanks! 

I believe you will be able to switch but run some risk that you could get bumped out of that new room if the ship reached capacity based on 4 person accommodations.  We're in a '3 person' as a couple on our upcoming cruise.

jsglow is correct that if you move you do run the risk of being "bumped" but I want to add Carnival doesn't always allow people to book cabins that hold more people than are being booked. It just depends on the sailing. I have seen cruises where early on they wouldn't allow these bookings but as the sailing date became closer, they opened up cabins that hold 3-4 to people who wanted to book fewer than the cabin would hold. You can either call Carnival and ask or just do a mock booking on line and if you are putting in 3 passengers and cabins that hold 4 are coming up as options, then it is allowed for your sailing.

Edited by HeidiHo

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

If they allow you to switch, odds are is there will be a cost.

Not necessarily true. I cruised with my wife and we were booked by Carnival into a 4-person balcony. This was 10 months prior to sail date. 

Once final payment date hit, more cabins freed up and we moved our cabin to a better location on the same deck and same room class. We never paid more for being 2 in a 4 and we’re not charged anything to change cabins within the same class (8c). 

Call Carnival or your TA to inquire about your move. Your cruise date is before  high season so your boat might not be under capacity pressure. 

Good of luck and enjoy your cruise!

12 hours ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Not necessarily true. I cruised with my wife and we were booked by Carnival into a 4-person balcony. This was 10 months prior to sail date. 

Once final payment date hit, more cabins freed up and we moved our cabin to a better location on the same deck and same room class. We never paid more for being 2 in a 4 and we’re not charged anything to change cabins within the same class (8c). 

Call Carnival or your TA to inquire about your move. Your cruise date is before  high season so your boat might not be under capacity pressure. 

Good of luck and enjoy your cruise!

I didn't state it is always true.