FTTF Question

3smithboys

We just noticed the FTTF is available for our Breeze cruise the summer. I’m leaning towards getting it, DH doesn’t think it’s that necessary. We have two cabins for our family of 5. Do we have to get it for both cabins for all of us to board early together? Just thought I’d ask...

2 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

We just noticed the FTTF is available for our Breeze cruise the summer. I’m leaning towards getting it, DH doesn’t think it’s that necessary. We have two cabins for our family of 5. Do we have to get it for both cabins for all of us to board early together? Just thought I’d ask...

Yes, you have to get it for every cabin that you want to have the privilege. And if you are not on the same page, it might be best to get it now and then decide if you really want it because it will probably be impossible to get it later, but you can always cancel.

Ok, thanks for your quick answer! I’m working on it!

Edited... booked FTTF for both cabins. Hopefully, it’s worth it.

Can anyone who has done it before tell me their experience and if they it’s worth it.

Edited by 3smithboys

15 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

Can anyone who has done it before tell me their experience and if they it’s worth it.

Sorry, I haven't used it yet. I have purchased it for 2 upcoming cruises, though, and done a bunch of research on it, which is how I knew the answer to your question. Hopefully some folks with experience actually using it will give you some feedback. 🙂

18 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

It’s very dependent on your vacation style so he responses you get will vary. 

For us we love it because

1. We are not yet platinum and enjoy starting or vacation ASAP, so we enjoy getting on earlier and being able to head straight to our rooms when we get on to get settled. 

2. Any port that is a tender port, we get priority when debarking the ship. We have pretty much stopped booking carnival excursions, so this allows us to get to where we need to be on time. 

Other perks (I use this loosely because sometimes they happen, sometimes not) include: priority luggage delivery and priority guest service line. 

I get it when ever I can. I love being able to have access to my room as soon as I get on the ship and getting on the ship earlier. Having the special line for guest services has been great too. And of course tender ports we get priority.

To me, it's worth it.  There is a separate check-in line for FTTF people and you don't have to arrive at your appointment time.  It's much quicker to get on the ship because you are in an early boarding group.  You can drop your carryon bags off at your cabin as soon as you board the ship. This is nice for me because I always carry my laptop with me, so it's nice to drop that off first thing.

There is a separate line at guest services.  It's like a fast pass at an amusement park.  Some people don't care and other people love it.  I always try to get it and don't mind paying extra to skip lines.

Edited by TNcruising02

We booked a cruise for October this past weekend.  Its not currently available on the excursions list. I'm hoping they just having opened it up yet instead of it being sold out.  FTTF is definitely worth it.  You'll get on the boat and have access to your room hours before the majority of other passengers, also I believe it improves your experience with waiting less for dining and guest services. I keep checking everyday in the hopes it will be available soon!

It’s totally worth it if you can get it. Especially if you have a tendered port. We missed out on it when we sailed out of Galveston and it took forever to get to shore in Belize due to 2 other ships in port.  We also love getting on the ship early and having a separate line at guest services. It’s also nice to get off the ship sooner too! 

We try and get it every time we cruise. For us, the value is in being able to arrive to check in early and having our room ready right away. It gives us a minute to unwind before heading out to lunch. It's also really handy for tender ports since we don't do Carnival excursions. 

I can only think of specific cases in which I would buy it.  For example, we were looking at a San Juan embarkation cruise and the flights were really early, like 10:30am. I have a long day getting home so the earlier we fly out the better.   I would buy FTTF to ensure that I can get off the ship as early as possible.  So I can see where it can be a valuable buy.  

We have had FTTF every cruise except one and for us, it is worth it. We usually also have two cabins and get it for both.  Now - I didn't blink an eye when it was $50 per cabin. I can deal with that. Just paid $80 for the Horizon, but we only have one cabin this time. Not sure I'd pay $80 for two cabins.....I'd have to look at the ports & our plans and see if we needed it or get by without.

1. We like boarding the ship early. It is the first day of our vacation & we want to make the most out of it.

2. We like to take our carry on things straight to the cabin and drop them off before exploring the ship.

3. We like the idea of our luggage being in our rooms right away . We unpack sometime around muster and are ready for Sale Away. We also dress up for dinner, so are grateful are clothes are there early and not sitting on a cart buried in the hallway.

4. If you book a private excursion and have to tender to port, it's nice being able to go earlier - so you can catch that excursion.

5. I rarely go to the Guest Services desk, but when I do, I love not having to stand in line. I can run by real quick, take care of whatever, & then on my way. Sometimes the line is long on the other side.

56 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

Thanks everyone! I’m not sure if any of our ports are tender ports, but if they are it’s great to know this will help. Also, does FTTF help with Anytime seating? 

What ports are you visiting? FTTF helps with dining preference but not anytime seating. 

32 minutes ago, gmce11 said:

What ports are you visiting? FTTF helps with dining preference but not anytime seating. 

Thanks for letting me know about the dining.

We are visiting Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. We have already booked a cabana at Amber Cove, and we are not planning on doing any Carnival excursions at the other ports. 

Edited by 3smithboys

1 hour ago, 3smithboys said:

Thanks for letting me know about the dining.

We are visiting Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. We have already booked a cabana at Amber Cove, and we are not planning on doing any Carnival excursions at the other ports. 

None of those are “water shuttle” ports as carnival is now calling them. 

In my opinion it is worth it. We cruised with it the last few times and wouldn't go without it now, if we can avoid it. Simply because we love the idea of our room being ready and accessible upon boarding. I also like the priority boarding and tendering. There is also the separate line at Guest Services.