Pacific Jewel.. life continues after P&O

10 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Now, if only they could offload Dawn onto someone.

Talking about Pacific Dawn?  Loveley ship when she was on here, we travelled on ye olde Regal, LA to Sydney - last voyage in 2007. Then they stuffed her up.

My sister and her husband did their first cruise just before Christmas on Pacific Dawn, Brisbane/Airlie Beach/Brisbane. They hated it all, the inebriated bogan clientele running around the ship in Brisbane Broncos footie shorts, singlet and stubby holders, rough weather, 'horrible food.'  I did warn them.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, NSWP said:

Talking about Pacific Dawn?  Loveley ship when she was on here, we travelled on ye olde Regal, LA to Sydney - last voyage in 2007. Then they stuffed her up.

My sister and her husband did their first cruise just before Christmas on Pacific Dawn, Brisbane/Airlie Beach/Brisbane. They hated it all, the inebriated bogan clientele running around the ship in Brisbane Broncos footie shorts, singlet and stubby holders, rough weather, 'horrible food.'  I did warn them.

Yes, Pacific Dawn. She is atrocious.

I've been on her twice. The first time because she is the one of the three options out of Brisbane. The second time to make sure I wasn't being unfair. I was being very fair.

If you have to travel P&O from Brisbane then the far superior option is the Pacific Aria. At least on board her it's possible to avoid the horrible food they serve in the MDR and the Pantry by going to Angelo's or Dragon Lady.

Lest Princess get too cocky, it's worth noting that mechanically and structurally the Sea Princess is very close to being a P&O quality ship.