Barcelona Pre-Cruise hotel

AllenO

We have been in Barcelona twice in the past 2 years and we stayed at the Hotel Europark both times.  A great hotel with a breakfast buffet. Close to everything. If you stay with them book directly with them to get the best rate.  Don’t use a third party site. 

paul

Highly recommend Jazz Hotel in Barcelona.  The best breakfast buffet I have ever experienced.  Roof top pool that also has a lounge area with bar.  If you take the airport shuttle bus, the hotel can be seen from the bus stop (short 1/2 block walk).  Walking distance to the HOHO bus stop.    Used taxi to get to cruise pier.  

35 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Does anyone have direct experience with Barcelona's Ohla Eixample hotel?

I've also asked on the Spain Ports of Call sub-forum, but this seems to get a lot of different "eyes" :classic_smile:

Thanks!

GC

Have you asked this question on the Barcelona forum of tripadvisor? 

Better yet, use their SEARCH tool and pull up all the past responses to this question.

Www.barcelonacatedral.com

Stayed here last year.  Great location.  Price was good.  Near Museums...easy to walk anywhere.  Rooftop bar....hotel restaurant was a really good place to grab some food and plan the day’s itinerary, or to meet up after a long day.  Clean and comfortable.  Staff was more than helpful.  Can’t ask for more.

I will give you another one, which you should STAY AWAY FROM.  We spent a couple of nights in the  Avenida Palace before catching our plane home.  We had some sort of bugs (not bed bugs, but something more akin to water bugs) in our room.  Complained to the front desk, who refused to move us without charging us more.  Plus, the heater could not be turned off.  Room got to 86º F.  Couldn’t get a good night’s rest.  Again, we requested another room, and they insisted we spend another $100 more/night for the “privilige”.  

When I returned home, I sent the hotel manager pictures of the bugs in the room, and the temp on the thermostat.  He stated we should have complained while we were staying there (we did......several times) and would not issue w refund.

AMEX came to my rescue when I sent them the same pictures and the experience we had.  They refunded the amount for the hotel immediately.  Don’t know if they charged back the hotel or not.

It was an older, and very pretty hotel, that needed to be fumigated and updates to the HVAC.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:38 PM, sassy928 said:

Highly recommend Jazz Hotel in Barcelona.  The best breakfast buffet I have ever experienced.  Roof top pool that also has a lounge area with bar.  If you take the airport shuttle bus, the hotel can be seen from the bus stop (short 1/2 block walk).  Walking distance to the HOHO bus stop.    Used taxi to get to cruise pier.  

We stayed there in March of 2017 and are staying there again this March.  We loved it there.  We didn't have breakfast in 2017 but this year the room we booked comes with it.  So I'm thrilled to hear you say it was awesome.  We're a party of 3 and there was plenty of room for us.