Port Check In

lec2017

I'm sailing out of Miami at the end of the month and using Disney transportation from the airport. The last time we did this out of Port Canaveral and we did not have to select a port arrival time, we were just able to check in right away in the morning after arriving at the port. This is my first time doing this out of Miami and it's asking me to select a port arrival time. Is check in done differently in Miami? 

20 minutes ago, lec2017 said:

I'm sailing out of Miami at the end of the month and using Disney transportation from the airport. The last time we did this out of Port Canaveral and we did not have to select a port arrival time, we were just able to check in right away in the morning after arriving at the port. This is my first time doing this out of Miami and it's asking me to select a port arrival time. Is check in done differently in Miami? 

The default for the online check in is to select a Port Arrival Time.  There are some instances where the PAT selection is not an option (typically, if you are staying at a WDW resort, or at the MCO Hyatt, booked through DCL).  If you are prompted to select a PAT, you should.

Generally, arriving at the port via DCL transfers, you will be allowed to enter and check in when you arrive at the port.  But it's a good idea to have that PAT, just in case.

You will be able to check in when you get there, even if you are way before your "port time arrival". It does ask for an arrival time when using the online system, but I think it's mostly so they will know how many people are coming later in the day - after the main rush. I've always put my port arrival time between noon and 1, and I always get there early. It's never been an issue.  

• 1 month later...

Your selected check-in time can result in a delay in the terminal before your Boarding Number has been called.

You are welcome to arrive whenever you wish: however, the check-in computer will generate a boarding sequence.

David