Flight Ease - price locked in when you decide to make payment?

Wishing on a star

On 1/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, drowelf said:

I've read those reports too. All I can say is that I'm extremely careful and have not had any issues with my original so far. The times I have changed the reservation, it was very clear about what I was doing and required that I confirm the changes.

hi how can i view the other flight rates ???when i log in to Hal  flight ease program  with my cruise booking number i can only view the price for flight had already booked as a flex fair  , is there a safe way to check rates if flight pricing went down  and if yes how ??  , it will be my very first time using  flight easy program so i  am  just worry  not to click in the wrong place  so i don't loose the flight ticked that already in my reservation just want to check if lower rate for plane  are available  right now our ticket for flight are very expensive but balance due in a few month   and it is a flex rate with flight ease 

1 hour ago, honey-bunny said:

hi how can i view the other flight rates ???when i log in to Hal  flight ease program  with my cruise booking number i can only view the price for flight had already booked as a flex fair  , is there a safe way to check rates if flight pricing went down  and if yes how ??  , it will be my very first time using  flight easy program so i  am  just worry  not to click in the wrong place  so i don't loose the flight ticked that already in my reservation just want to check if lower rate for plane  are available  right now our ticket for flight are very expensive but balance due in a few month   and it is a flex rate with flight ease 

The best advice would be to call the agency where you made the booking, either the Travel Agency or the Cruise Line.  My TA offered to walk me through the process to make sure I didn't do something I didn't want.

This is what I did.  I clicked on Change Flights and selected the flights I wanted to look at.  When I was through looking I just closed the window.  The Cruise Line told me that as long as I didn't click on Cancel Flights I was safe.  That worked for me but still recommend you contact the agency you booked through to make sure.

BTW, I was able to save $1000 by rebooking.  

54 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The best advice would be to call the agency where you made the booking, either the Travel Agency or the Cruise Line.  My TA offered to walk me through the process to make sure I didn't do something I didn't want.

This is what I did.  I clicked on Change Flights and selected the flights I wanted to look at.  When I was through looking I just closed the window.  The Cruise Line told me that as long as I didn't click on Cancel Flights I was safe.  That worked for me but still recommend you contact the agency you booked through to make sure.

BTW, I was able to save $1000 by rebooking.  

That is a lot  to save,  when are you flights??

On 1/21/2019 at 10:41 AM, mrmoviezombie said:

Most airlines require you to actually pay HAL for the flights before you can use the locator code to pick seats or upgrades. 

I have booked Flight Ease flights on Delta, American, British Airways, and Swiss, and as soon as I booked, months before final payment (and air payment) I was able to select seats and post my FF number.

50 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

That is a lot  to save,  when are you flights??

We booked first class tickets. Our flights are in September.   I originally booked the flights in, IIRC, April.  The cost was comparable to Delta (only airline offering 1st class on all flight segments).  Figured, I could watch flights and rebook if I found something better.  First booking was at $3350, 2PP.  I found prices changed a lot.  In June, I found the same flights for $2250.  I wasn't completely happy with arriving at 1830 but the alternatives were in the $3550 range.  In July, I found the flights I really wanted at $2350 (arriving at 1630) so I changed bookings again.  Our flights will take almost 12 hours.  I figured $200 was worth cutting 2 hours off the flights.

Edited by RocketMan275

2 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

I have booked Flight Ease flights on Delta, American, British Airways, and Swiss, and as soon as I booked, months before final payment (and air payment) I was able to select seats and post my FF number.

The ability to select seats prior to final payment is a function of how the airline works and what type of seat you have booked. Lufthansa is the most restrictive and it will vary for the others depending on your status and type fare class. 

We just booked FE through our BB TA. A $2600 flight is costing us $414...

i got the Delta record locator. I can get into my reservation. I added our FF numbers. Our seats have been assigned. There are a few options if we wanted to change seats, but, we want to upgrade. That option is not available. It will be once we pay, so we are going to do that in the next month or so. We were told our price is locked in. 

Does anyone know if we can just ask for the seats with more room and get them booked through FE or do we have to do an upgrade ourselves? I should have asked that while I was on the phone yesterday. 

Edited by wyobean

i am wondering how can i view the possibility of a lower rates fares ,once i already have flight booked with flight ease  on my booking already but i have not paid balance yet ,have  couple of month before payment is due , is my only option to call Hal for assistance ? also was hoping to know rate like U said instead of economy maybe business class  once booked how can i find out other then calling Hal flight ease  phone number 

1 hour ago, wyobean said:

We just booked FE through our BB TA. A $2600 flight is costing us $414...

i got the Delta record locator. I can get into my reservation. I added our FF numbers. Our seats have been assigned. There are a few options if we wanted to change seats, but, we want to upgrade. That option is not available. It will be once we pay, so we are going to do that in the next month or so. We were told our price is locked in. 

Does anyone know if we can just ask for the seats with more room and get them booked through FE or do we have to do an upgrade ourselves? I should have asked that while I was on the phone yesterday. 

wondering same thing .............we booked economy  seats flex fare and now wished had asked if there is a way to change or upgrade for business class so far all i understand that if any changes it must be canceled before payment due  and rebook .......

9 hours ago, honey-bunny said:

i am wondering how can i view the possibility of a lower rates fares ,once i already have flight booked with flight ease  on my booking already but i have not paid balance yet ,have  couple of month before payment is due , is my only option to call Hal for assistance ? also was hoping to know rate like U said instead of economy maybe business class  once booked how can i find out other then calling Hal flight ease  phone number 

We routinely do just that on an existing reservation.  You simply logon to your HAL account and go to your account and then upcoming cruises.  Click on the appropriate booking number and it takes you to that cruise's info.  Then click on "Manage my cruise."   Then select the "Travel Planning" option and then click on the "pre and post cruise travel" option.  At this point you would check the "Flight" option and then hit the "Begin" button.  Then click on "Manage Flights" which should bring up a screen with your existing Flightease reservation info.   At this point you can click on "Change Flights" and go through the usual steps to look for flights (you cannot change from one-way to round trip or vice-versa without first calling HAL).   We routinely will look at other dates and flight options and even different airports and/or different classes (i.e. first, business, economy).   In theory you could then "select" other flights and not mess up your existing reservation until you confirm the booking.  But we prefer to NOT click on the "Select" buttons since some have reported issues where a current booking could be accidently cancelled (it has never happened to us).  But even without hitting a "Select" button you will be able to view all the flight options and prices and not jeopardize your existing reservation. 

If all this scares you it is possible to call HAL and have one of their reservations clerks do a similar exercise.  If you deal directly with your own PCC you can certainly call that particular person but we are in a minority in that we are not impressed with PCC's.  Keep in mind that they are simply cruise reservations clerks with limited training on airline issues.  

A final option is to request (you generally must be very assertive) the reservations clerk to either connect you or give you the direct phone number of the Flightease office.  The folks at that office really understand the various airline options.  It does seem that the reservations clerks/PCCs are reluctant to hand you off to the Flightease folks.  Perhaps this is how they are trained.  But we have spoken directly to Flightease staff (who actually are their own organization who serves HAL, Princess and Seabourn) who have expressed some frustration that the cruise lines do not refer cruisers directly to their office.  My own suspicion is that the cruise lines prefer to have their own staff (or cruise/travel agents) handle everything...even if their airline knowledge is lacking. 

Hank

20 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We routinely do just that on an existing reservation.  You simply logon to your HAL account and go to your account and then upcoming cruises.  Click on the appropriate booking number and it takes you to that cruise's info.  Then click on "Manage my cruise."   Then select the "Travel Planning" option and then click on the "pre and post cruise travel" option.  At this point you would check the "Flight" option and then hit the "Begin" button.  Then click on "Manage Flights" which should bring up a screen with your existing Flightease reservation info.   At this point you can click on "Change Flights" and go through the usual steps to look for flights (you cannot change from one-way to round trip or vice-versa without first calling HAL).   We routinely will look at other dates and flight options and even different airports and/or different classes (i.e. first, business, economy).   In theory you could then "select" other flights and not mess up your existing reservation until you confirm the booking.  But we prefer to NOT click on the "Select" buttons since some have reported issues where a current booking could be accidently cancelled (it has never happened to us).  But even without hitting a "Select" button you will be able to view all the flight options and prices and not jeopardize your existing reservation. 

If all this scares you it is possible to call HAL and have one of their reservations clerks do a similar exercise.  If you deal directly with your own PCC you can certainly call that particular person but we are in a minority in that we are not impressed with PCC's.  Keep in mind that they are simply cruise reservations clerks with limited training on airline issues.  

A final option is to request (you generally must be very assertive) the reservations clerk to either connect you or give you the direct phone number of the Flightease office.  The folks at that office really understand the various airline options.  It does seem that the reservations clerks/PCCs are reluctant to hand you off to the Flightease folks.  Perhaps this is how they are trained.  But we have spoken directly to Flightease staff (who actually are their own organization who serves HAL, Princess and Seabourn) who have expressed some frustration that the cruise lines do not refer cruisers directly to their office.  My own suspicion is that the cruise lines prefer to have their own staff (or cruise/travel agents) handle everything...even if their airline knowledge is lacking. 

Hank

thank you very much for your reply  Hank , i will  for sure  call to ask for flight easy rep to find out ........... when i went to all thees  steps listed above , there was a phone number to call ( for assistance  ) but i think it is Holland america reservation number 

19 minutes ago, honey-bunny said:

thank you very much for your reply  Hank , i will  for sure  call to ask for flight easy rep to find out ........... when i went to all thees  steps listed above , there was a phone number to call ( for assistance  ) but i think it is Holland america reservation number 

Yep, that is what happens with all the cruise lines that use that same service.  You actually end up calling the same reservations clerks (or PCCs) that handle the cruise reservation.   If the reservations clerk happens to be good with airline stuff then you are in luck.  Otherwise, try to get them to transfer you to the real flight easy folks.

Hank