Perks for Booking Next Cruise Onboard

I have cruised Royal Caribbean exclusively, and frequently book onboard to take advantage of reduced deposit and onboard credit.  I have recently been considering trying Celebrity, and have learned that my Diamond status will transfer to Celebrity's Elite status.  So my question, since they are affiliated, can I book a Celebrity cruise while onboard Royal Caribbean to receive any of the onboard booking benefits?

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, but they do offer some sort of free minor category upgrade. 

You know what Bob, when I do a mock booking on C I never really notice any form of upgrade minor or otherwise. 

Also, do you by chance have the OBC amounts for booking on board?

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

You know what Bob, when I do a mock booking on C I never really notice any form of upgrade minor or otherwise. 

Also, do you by chance have the OBC amounts for booking on board?

You have to call to get the upgrade applied.

As Bob said, it’s only within a super category.  For example an inside category 12 to an inside category 11

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have to call to get the upgrade applied.

As Bob said, it’s only within a super category.  For example an inside category 12 to an inside category 11

Ok, thanks.

The only problem with booking a Celebrity cruise onboard an RCCL ship is the staff aren't as familiar with the Celebrity booking policies.  I did this once and had to explain the category upgrade to them.  They do have a policy / instruction reference manual, so encourage them to look up anything doubtful.  

You will also get whatever promo is going on at the time.  I booked RCCL last March and got an extra $50 obc for cruises this March/April:  $150 per sailing.  That was an extra promo they were running on board the ship.

• Like 1

We sail both Royal and Celebrity, but the perks with Celebrity are so much better then Royal, at least they are through my travel agent. We get prepaid gratuities, free drink package, free internet, and shipboard credit, usually $300 or more. Royal used to give a lot more years ago, but not so much now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, babydates said:

We sail both Royal and Celebrity, but the perks with Celebrity are so much better then Royal, at least they are through my travel agent. We get prepaid gratuities, free drink package, free internet, and shipboard credit, usually $300 or more. Royal used to give a lot more years ago, but not so much now. 

Depending on what cabin and ship you are booking all those perks are offered by Celebrity and not the travel agent.