Norwegian Sun now all inclusive?

wrecklezz316

1 hour ago, uCruiser said:

Maybe Cruisingnole should use a travel agent so he/she can get the gratuities right 😉

I totally agree wrecklezz. The $14.50 threw me off as well as the open bar wasn't mentioned during the online checkout. 

They know there was a problem since they very recently updated this info page https://www.ncl.com/terms/sun-beverages.

Now it's crystal clear. However, when I booked the text on the top of the page said that open bar was on 3-4 days cruises from Port Canaveral. Further down the same page it stated that it was 3,4 and 5 days. So who would know what to believe! (except for Cruisingnole of course) 🙂

Anyway, they cleared their mess up and everything is good.

Crystal clear, and yes I remember reading all those terms and being like "huh?"  Problem is, why are the prepaid gratuities for April 1-6 still 14.50?   Shouldn't it be $20 based on new all inclusive gratuities terms?  Sigh, makes no sense. 

3 hours ago, wrecklezz316 said:

Crystal clear, and yes I remember reading all those terms and being like "huh?"  Problem is, why are the prepaid gratuities for April 1-6 still 14.50?   Shouldn't it be $20 based on new all inclusive gratuities terms?  Sigh, makes no sense. 

Good question... I have no idea, but would love to get an answer as well.

4 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

Are these cruises basically booze fests or can one who isn't looking to have a hangover every day enjoy themselves on the ship? I just picture a bunch of wasted people partying all day. 

I've been on two open bar NCL cruises and one MSC open bar cruise. None of them were like that. I didn't see any difference in peoples behavior from any other cruise I've been on.

On 3/27/2019 at 3:43 PM, wrecklezz316 said:

It really is confusing.  Sure, the banner says open bar but there is no other indication it is an open bar cruise.  The prepaid gratuities (according to their terms) should be $20.00 when its really only $14.50 as of today.  Nowhere else on the confirmation nor in the description does it say open bar.  

The only thing to indicate it is open bar for Norwegian Sun April 1-6 is the added "Beverage Package" which has less grauities than a true beverage package.  This indicates that the "Beverage Package" add on is really only a premium beverage package (Water bottles, premium liquor, etc)

It's really not that straight forward.  Their website/terms need to be updated.  

I am now even more confused after reading this thread. I thought for sure that my Sun cruise leaving Miami on April 6 to Cuba for 5 nights included the open bar. But it is not in the ad or banner. I can find nowhere in writing that this particular cruise includes the open bar, and my pre-paid gratuities are only $14.50/day (indicating that the open bar is NOT included). I need to know for sure so that I can choose the free at sea beverage package if the open bar is not included. I can call but I want something in writing for this particular cruise.

36 minutes ago, rgtkkb said:

I am now even more confused after reading this thread. I thought for sure that my Sun cruise leaving Miami on April 6 to Cuba for 5 nights included the open bar. But it is not in the ad or banner. I can find nowhere in writing that this particular cruise includes the open bar, and my pre-paid gratuities are only $14.50/day (indicating that the open bar is NOT included). I need to know for sure so that I can choose the free at sea beverage package if the open bar is not included. I can call but I want something in writing for this particular cruise.

First sentence on this page https://www.ncl.com/terms/sun-beverages

""Effective for Norwegian Sun 3-5 Day sailings beginning May 2018, guests will receive complimentary beverages which include designated spirits, cocktails, bottled beer, draft beer, and wines by the glass and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay*.""

It will be hard for them to get around that! But I do agree with you and the gratuities have thrown several of us off..

1 minute ago, uCruiser said:

First sentence on this page https://www.ncl.com/terms/sun-beverages

""Effective for Norwegian Sun 3-5 Day sailings beginning May 2018, guests will receive complimentary beverages which include designated spirits, cocktails, bottled beer, draft beer, and wines by the glass and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay*.""

It will be hard for them to get around that! But I do agree with you and the gratuities have thrown several of us off..

Thanks for the prompt response, but are you certain that this language is current? I wonder if anyone has been on the Sun and had their gratuities increased later. I really would like to have something in writing for my cruise. I have found that the Norwegian  promotional material can be misleading. For example, numerous web pages show the Free at Sea Internet perk to be 250 minutes, but when I chose it there were only 100 minutes. 

I know it is current, because when I booked a few weeks ago, that page was one big mess, with contradicting statements. The have cleaned it up recently.

Also look at the difference for the free at sea on a open bar ship (your cruise) and a ship without open bar

ship-open-bar.jpg.a93e246f818d1a19d92749c6303ed4e9.jpgship-no-open-bar.jpg.a1da1121850e500af50abe9c4fb462f5.jpg

20 hours ago, uCruiser said:

I know it is current, because when I booked a few weeks ago, that page was one big mess, with contradicting statements. The have cleaned it up recently.

Also look at the difference for the free at sea on a open bar ship (your cruise) and a ship without open bar

ship-open-bar.jpg.a93e246f818d1a19d92749c6303ed4e9.jpgship-no-open-bar.jpg.a1da1121850e500af50abe9c4fb462f5.jpg

Thank you so much for going to the trouble to get this very useful information for me!

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, JustAPilot said:

Are these cruises basically booze fests or can one who isn't looking to have a hangover every day enjoy themselves on the ship? I just picture a bunch of wasted people partying all day. 

yes

We are on the April 6th Cruise also. Yes it is open bar. If you want premium Liquors  you can upgrade and pay additional for that option. We are going with the basic liquor package and our friend's upgraded to the premium. Looking forward to a great 5-day cruise to Cuba!

On 3/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, JustAPilot said:

Absolutely,  no one can stand 4 hours in. 🙄

• Like 1