P&O FOOD QUESTIONS

smarks

Hi fellow cruisers, I have a cruise booked on the Aurora for May 13, 2019 to the Baltics.  I have never crossed the pond so this is all a new experience for me.  I am a nibbler.  I eat all day long especially at night.  I am also a night owl.  I sleep very little.  Being new to P&O, I would like to know about food venues and the operating times.  I have late dining but will be hungry within a few hrs. of eating.  Is there anything open after 10:00 PM?  Pizza, deli, buffet?  Can I order from room service?  How about drink stations for tea or water.  Is there a cost after a certain time?   I would appreciate any help and if you think of something I may need to know, please throw that in also.  Thanks everybody for your help.

Sandra

Buffet is open 24 hours and is  included in the fare. Room Service also 24 hours only breakfast is included small fee any other time but can order a variety of food up to a full meal.

10 hours ago, ccpm said:

Buffet is open 24 hours and is  included in the fare. Room Service also 24 hours only breakfast is included small fee any other time but can order a variety of food up to a full meal.

Actually on Aurora the buffet is closed at some times (9:30-10pm) whilst they change over from dinner service and to set up breakfast etc. You can always get hot drinks but food service is not available then. Room service is 24h soy shouldn't have an issue and if you stock up from the 'Grab and go" you can have a store in your fridge.

10 hours ago, ccpm said:

10 hours ago, ccpm said:

The buffet on Aurora is definitely not 24 hour, unlike the larger ships.

They have a late option at 10.30, but I am pretty sure this is only served for a short while, then closed until 6.30am.

Room service is 24 hour but is chargeable.

As others have said, fill your fridge with snacks from the grab and go to see you through the night.

Andy

2 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

What’s in grab and go

Sandwiches (really nice bread), wraps, salad boxes, fruit pots, fruit, yoghurt and granola pots, mousses. It's a counter on the Lido deck that's open at certain times, but not all day. If you want something for later you would have to pick it up at lunchtime and store it in your room fridge.

2 minutes ago, groovechick said:

Sandwiches (really nice bread), wraps, salad boxes, fruit pots, fruit, yoghurt and granola pots, mousses. It's a counter on the Lido deck that's open at certain times, but not all day. If you want something for later you would have to pick it up at lunchtime and store it in your room fridge.

Thanks groovechick!   Do you know whether they have it on aurora please? 

Edited by galeforce9

52 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Thanks groovechick!   Do you know whether they have it on aurora please? 

Yes they do. :classic_biggrin:

These were the food options available on board Aurora during our cruise in December.

P1050223.JPG

Edited by P-L-B

Thanks everybody for all the help.  I think there will be plenty for me to munch on.  Just one more question.  Are there drink stations somewhere.  Like for a glass of tea (sorry, I'm from the US and drink ice tea) or lemonade, hot chocolate or just a glass of ice water free of charge.  Also, can I order water for my cabin or ginger ale.  Thanks you guys.  You have been very helpful.

Sandra

There are drink stations in the buffet serving chilled water or hot water for tea and coffee. Available 24hrs. You are provided with two small bottles of water in your cabin when you board. Additional supplies can be ordered through room service or pick some up when you are ashore. On port days they always set up a table near the gangway selling various bottles and cans of drink. 

Brian

4 hours ago, smarks said:

Thanks everybody for all the help.  I think there will be plenty for me to munch on.  Just one more question.  Are there drink stations somewhere.  Like for a glass of tea (sorry, I'm from the US and drink ice tea) or lemonade, hot chocolate or just a glass of ice water free of charge.  Also, can I order water for my cabin or ginger ale.  Thanks you guys.  You have been very helpful.

Sandra

There are tea and coffee making facilities in your cabin. Kettle, coffee cups, teaspoons, supply of sachets of tea, coffee, decaf tea and coffee, and hot chocolate, plus longlife milk, sugar and sweetener, plus cookies. Supplies are replenished every day by your steward. If you prefer fresh milk for hot drinks, there are little jugs in the buffet and can you can fill them up from the big jugs at the breakfast cereal station, take it back to your room and keep it in the fridge. No free iced tea or lemonade like on RCI. The only drinks stations are in the buffet. They provide hot water for tea and coffee and cold water, plus juice for breakfast, thereafter only hot and cold water. You can also get a glass of ice water from any of the deck bars. Soft drinks prices are much cheaper than on US lines though, or you could always pick up cans of iced tea in a port, bring them on board and store them in your fridge.