Sailing just before World Cruise. Great experience.

DaveOKC

We are just off the Amsterdam from a 15 day Panama Canal cruise and it then began its World Cruise.

This worked out great for us it seems, as the ship was in great condition (getting it ready for the next cruise I suspect) AND the crew was the best we have experienced in 25 cruises on HAL (again I suspect that the upcoming World Cruise influenced this).  

I sure liked sailing the weeks before the World Cruise!

21 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

We are just off the Amsterdam from a 15 day Panama Canal cruise and it then began its World Cruise.

This worked out great for us it seems, as the ship was in great condition (getting it ready for the next cruise I suspect) AND the crew was the best we have experienced in 25 cruises on HAL (again I suspect that the upcoming World Cruise influenced this).  

I sure liked sailing the weeks before the World Cruise!

I think that the combination of our Grand Asia, just before your cruise, and the forthcoming World Cruise were both incentives.  I agree wholeheartedly about the condition of the ship and the crew.  We loved the ship.  And we particularly enjoyed the existence of a full library and the Crows nest, both of which are on their way out in apparently all but the S and R class ships.

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Was this your first sailing on the MS Amsterdam?  We will spend 51 days on her later this year on the Tales of the South Pacific itinerary.  I am hopeful we will have the same testimony as yours.

First time on the Amsterdam, but last March was on the sister ship Rotterdam.  Amsterdam was nicer and better IMO.