Miami cruise port luggage drop off?

Ginnyfyr

Hubby and I haven't sailed Celebrity in 2 years. Last time we sailed out of Miami we grabbed a taxi at the airport, dropped our luggage with the porters at the cruise pier and then got back in the taxi again to head off for lunch. I assume we can still do this? Hoping to do the same thing when we sail on Equinox on Saturday. TIA! 🙂

The ship doesn't have stone crab and we can't get it affordably here at home, so we always hit up Joe's Stone Crab when we're in Miami. When in Rome! 😉 Just want to make sure nothing has changed at the cruise port as far as being able to drop off our bags and then check ourselves in later.

Well, that’s a pretty good reason!

we last boarded months ago but I doubt anything has changed. The porters tag and transfer your luggage, but that’s it. I don’t think they could or would care what you do after leaving it in their care. 

Enjoy your cruise.

4 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Awesome, great to hear Justcrusn! Thanks for letting me know. Will raise a claw to you at lunch, lol. 

Hi 

another option may be to hire a car, Hertz have a drop off at 1st street in Miami about 5 mins from the port. I have picked a car up from the airport and dropped the luggage off and then have the use of the car which gives better options than a cab. The cost will be pretty similar and your carry on bags can be left in the boot (trunk).

😎 enjoy your cruise

9 hours ago, swigso said:

Hi 

another option may be to hire a car, Hertz have a drop off at 1st street in Miami about 5 mins from the port. I have picked a car up from the airport and dropped the luggage off and then have the use of the car which gives better options than a cab. The cost will be pretty similar and your carry on bags can be left in the boot (trunk).

😎 enjoy your cruise

A good idea! But, hubby doesn't want to deal with driving and having to deal with a car drop off - he's already arranged a car service to pick us up. They're going to bring us to the pier, we'll drop our bags, then they are driving us to the restaurant; we'll make our own way back from there. 

The Stone Crab season officially started on October 15th, 2018 and will last until May 15th, 2019. In this time, you are allowed to trap, catch and harvest the crabs in state waters. You must use legal gear, have a proper Florida Fishing License and must return any females bearing eggs back into the water, unharmed.