My-time dining

On 2/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, Riverviewnb said:

We used to just show up and say 3 sharing and would get seated right away. Our last cruise this didn't work as we were told they couldn't seat us until 30 minutes after the 6 pm reservations. Wended up having to reserve every day.

So I have always done late seating. when doing my time do you have a choice to sit by yourselves or be seated at a large table of "strangers". On Azamara we always just chose first available which was always with other couples. is this the case on RCCL?

1 hour ago, aruss said:

Ok, we are 81 days out and the only options to make reservations are for the specialty restaurants. Do I need to be patient or should the MDR be showing up this close?

You should be able to make reservations now.  We booked ours about 4 months out for our Allure cruise.  I would double check and make sure that you are booked for MTD and if so I would call customer service.  I hope this helps!

1 hour ago, tinkr2 said:

So I have always done late seating. when doing my time do you have a choice to sit by yourselves or be seated at a large table of "strangers". On Azamara we always just chose first available which was always with other couples. is this the case on RCCL?

I'm also curious. In my experience with Carnival, those using MTD was always seated restaurant style, meaning you only sat with your party.

1 hour ago, tinkr2 said:

We were always seated by ourselves on the Oasis, which is our preference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carnival03 said:

I'm also curious. In my experience with Carnival, those using MTD was always seated restaurant style, meaning you only sat with your party.

We always had our own table.  There were not a lot of large tables in the area that we were sitting.  We had a different table every night but we always had the same wait staff.  I hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 12:28 PM, Merion_Mom said:

You can make all of your reservations pre-cruise through your Cruise Planner.

Oh, if this were only true!  We are going on the Symphony in September with a 4 couples.  2 couples booked with an agent, 2 couples booked direct with Royal.  We have managed to get all 4 reservations linked, however working thru the Cruise Planner online and with the Cruise Planner on the phone since the reservations booked with Royal are "Individual" reservations and the reservations booked with the Agent are "group", they cannot be combined for dinner.  So we have 2 groups of 4 at the same time for dinner in My Time Dining that may or may not be close to each other.  We will have to get on board early and try and speak with the Maître D, in hopes that all of us can eat together.  This has been extremely frustrating and more than 2 hours waisted on the phone with customer service.  One of those little quirks that Royal has that could be fixed with a couple of key strokes, NOT!

In response to sitting with just your party or with others:

I think it depends on the ship - on Allure we were asked if we wanted to sit with others or by ourselves.  They had a bunch of larger tables and could seat people faster by getting multiple parties at once.  My DW and I joined in at a 10-top about three times for dinner.

On most other ships, we haven't even been asked and they just sat us at a two top.

Edited by Rewind