Tips for 1st Timers on Holland Line MS Koningsdam

paulwacca

You might check and see if there is a roll call for your cruise.  Might find people coordinating shore excursions and meet & greet.

I see a roll call for Feb 24.  Is that your cruise?

Edited by rothbury
added info

paulwacca -  A roll call is a section of Cruise Critic where you can meet with others who will be sailing with you on your ship/date..   https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/  

You can share tips, interests, shore excursion ideas, set up a meet and greet once on the ship, etc.  

There is usually a ton of excellent information within your roll call.   Happy Sailing.

Edited by LRDR01
spelling mistake - not enough coffee yet.

I would try to find your ports on Cruise Critic and see suggestions for each port that may interest you.  Or google the ports to get ideas.

LRDRO1 provided the link to the roll call so read that over-it’s others that are on your cruise which includes myself and family!!!   

Familiarize yourself of the layout of the ship so you have a bit of an idea where things are-such as the Crow’s Nest, the main dining room, the World Stage, etc.  They give you a small map of the ship at check in as well.

I enjoy the Dutch Cafe on the ship for lunch-food there is included so you just pay for drinks-delicious lattes!  

Have a look at the roll call and ask any questions there!  Welcome aboard!

Here is a tip that we learned here years ago and that we have used every cruise since: purchase one of those plastic over-the-door show organizers (they fold really small - don't take up a lot of room in your luggage). Once in your cabin, place over one of your closet doors. Use to have all of your toiletries out in plain sight (since there will be minimal counter space in the bath).

Picture of what I mean on Amazon

6 hours ago, paulwacca said:

Hello we are 1st time cruisers from the UK and looking forward to our cruise to ABC Islands on MS Koningsdam in February. We have never cruised before so any tips, hacks or suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Three weeks and you sail!

We were on the same cruise last year and have been on Koningsdam several times.  You will have a ball!

One suggestion is to bring a small LED nightlight as the cabins can be quite dark if you get up during the night!

There are no UK style 3 pin sockets.  You will need Euro 2 pin or USA flat 2 pin adapters.  There are also USB sockets.

23 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Three weeks and you sail!

We were on the same cruise last year and have been on Koningsdam several times.  You will have a ball!

One suggestion is to bring a small LED nightlight as the cabins can be quite dark if you get up during the night!

There are no UK style 3 pin sockets.  You will need Euro 2 pin or USA flat 2 pin adapters.  There are also USB sockets.

The cabins now have a row of motion sensor lights that if you get up during the night they light up the way.  However, unless in a suite, there is no night light in the bathroom so it can be blinding turning on the light-I suggest also a small flashlight for that.