Recently back on Regal Princess

kevincx1

My wife and I took this cruise last week on the Regal Princess.  First off we are first time Princess cruisers.   Royal many times, carnival as well.     We are 50 yrs of age, we were looking for a relaxing cruise without the hassle.    Princess fit the bill.  They do everything right that the other cruise lines in my opinion continue to mess up.  Such as:   onboarding,  we walked right on the ship at 11:30.   Sanctuary-(both sea days)  a very nice perk if you can get it,   Shows were incredibly well done,  upselling-   we didn't hear anything about Diamond International  once on this cruise.   Food-excellent both MDR and Buffet ,  service-excellent.  We had a mini suite which made our room actually a joy to be in.   Very nice size and very well layed out.   A few hiccups with Medallion.   Wifi kept switching off, otherwise it was a perfect trip.    

There were probably 10 kids under 16 on this cruise.   Might have been due to time of year.  I will just say it was a great experience and don't be afraid to go on this ship if you are looking for piece and quite and a quality atmosphere.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We had cruised Carnival, Holland and Royal many times prior to last summer when we took our first Princess cruise. I agree with you, Princess is now my favorite. Much more relaxing, fewer children, no annoying speaker blasts in your cabin at all hours, great shows and surprisingly good food (even in the buffet). We are now loyal Princess cruisers. 

• Like 3

Yes, even with a few hiccups during your cruise the Regal is one of Princess's ships that does just about everything well. It has a few things that aren't as good as the older Princess ship models but nothing that would deter people from sailing on it.....especially the food.

Now if they could only get the shooting simulator fixed properly. 😉

Those 10 day trips do keep the number of kids to a minimum.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, kevincx1 said:

A few hiccups with Medallion. 

Thanks for this.  Our older daughter and SIL (in early 50's) will be on Regal at the end of March.

Noticed you mentioned the Ocean Medallion.

Were you able to have it sent to you prior to your cruise?  

10 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Thanks for this.  Our older daughter and SIL (in early 50's) will be on Regal at the end of March.

Noticed you mentioned the Ocean Medallion.

Were you able to have it sent to you prior to your cruise?  

Yes   Download App  fill in all the security items and medallion info    Makes for an extremely easy embarkation

• Thanks 1