HAL transfer to FCO

vinonme2

Has anyone had any recent experience with HAL bus shuttles from Civitavecchia to FCO?

I've used the HAL port to airport shuttles in the US with no problems. This will be my first time disembarking in Civitavecchia and I was wondering if the shuttles are available there.

Would appreciate any information on this. I'll be flying Delta and according to the FCO map, that will be T3. 

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, vinonme2 said:

Has anyone had any recent experience with HAL bus shuttles from Civitavecchia to FCO?

I've used the HAL port to airport shuttles in the US with no problems. This will be my first time disembarking in Civitavecchia and I was wondering if the shuttles are available there.

Would appreciate any information on this. I'll be flying Delta and according to the FCO map, that will be T3. 

Thank you!

You can get  a cab for 2 for around $60

Yes, HAL will have transfers. However, 99% of the time you can do the transfers on your own for cheaper, and easier.

While the airline is important, the scheduled departure time is far more important for several reasons. Can you make the flight? Is it too early for HAL to sell you a transfer? Like any other place they sell transfers, there is a "too early" time.

Note also (commonly discussed on the Italy board) that for flights direct to the US, security is more complicated, and takes longer at FCO. Arriving 2 hours prior to flight is just about required at FCO, many will recommend earlier.

My flight is scheduled to depart FCO at 12:50 pm. I'm thinking we'd be off the ship by 8 AM which would give us plenty of time to get to FCO. 

Would be very grateful for recommendations of transfer service. There are 2 of us. 

Thank you again.

1 minute ago, vinonme2 said:

My flight is scheduled to depart FCO at 12:50 pm. I'm thinking we'd be off the ship by 8 AM which would give us plenty of time to get to FCO. 

Would be very grateful for recommendations of transfer service. There are 2 of us. 

Thank you again.

If you look over on the Italy board, you will see many recommendations. Our favorite is Rome in Limo...a wonderful outfit we have used 8 times.

Thank you for your replies, they were very helpful.  After checking several recommended operators, I ended up booking the transfer with the company my CIvitavecchia hotel uses.  I've used them previously for FCO-Civit. transfers, they are reliable and prompt and ended up having the best rate. 

We used the Hal transfer from the Hotel Savoy (Rome) to the cruise ship last Oct. 2018 when on Koningsdam TA cruise.  We had no problem, it was very enjoyable.  we are 4star mariners and boarded fairly quick as I recall.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:50 PM, Hawaiidan said:

You can get  a cab for 2 for around $60

In the interest of accuracy, there is no fixed rate for taxis from Civitavecchia to FCO airport or vice versa. Looking at two websites that provide estimates of fares, I would expect the fare for 2 people in a regular taxi to be approximately 100-120 euro, and in fact the official FCO website gives the cost as 120 euro. That figure is more in line with what I have seen others report here.

http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-taxi

One MIGHT find a shared shuttle service for around 65-75 euro, if pre-reserved, but I doubt you'll find a regular taxi that will take you for $60....

Edited by cruisemom42

On 2/13/2019 at 5:34 PM, cruisemom42 said:

In the interest of accuracy, there is no fixed rate for taxis from Civitavecchia to FCO airport or vice versa. Looking at two websites that provide estimates of fares, I would expect the fare for 2 people in a regular taxi to be approximately 100-120 euro, and in fact the official FCO website gives the cost as 120 euro. That figure is more in line with what I have seen others report here.

http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-taxi

One MIGHT find a shared shuttle service for around 65-75 euro, if pre-reserved, but I doubt you'll find a regular taxi that will take you for $60....

Totally agree, the above was my finding also.  I was getting pricing for 2 people; naturally if there were more passengers the rate was lower per person. 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:34 AM, vinonme2 said:

Totally agree, the above was my finding also.  I was getting pricing for 2 people; naturally if there were more passengers the rate was lower per person. 

iI

On 2/15/2019 at 5:34 AM, vinonme2 said:

I booked for 70E airport  to Rome through Vaiator,    for up to 3 passengers.    Sorry the 60$  should have been E and I was thinking of Paris...