Superstar Gemini

mummsie

Thanks Kuldalai

In KL, how long will one have to sit on the bus before it reaches KL, are you then obliged to spend the whole time with the group as I do not think they would have any way of getting you back earlier other than with the whole group. I thought Penang would be worth seeing for Georgetown and the funnicular railway, maybe a market. Krabi I thought I would miss as its only really a beachy stop. ( am I right? ) Phuket, even though I have been there before I will do my own thing all day. Langkawi, Im unsure as Mummsie said it is holy day and probably dead as a door nail. Koh Samui I thought of maybe staying on board unless I could go ashore and come back easily. HCMC I definitley wa going to see, and Tioman Isaland more than likely treat the same as Koh Samui.

So many people in this thread have said how much they enjoyed the actual cruise part of it I suppose I didn't want to miss out on any of it.

What does a bottle of the house red cost at dinner in ours or their currency. At the moment we are enjoying a very good exchange rate and I hope it stays!

Thanks again

Cheers

Les

Gym is certainly free, not sure on sauna. Koh Samui well worth going ashore nice township with restaurants and shopping at pier head. Tender boats operate at minimum 30 minute frequency generally . Typical house red/white is Rosemount Australian wine Singapore $ 5 - 6 glass or $ 22 Singapore for a bottle IIRC. Wine list is reasonable and includes on rotation Australian, French and Californian wines . Catering too for Aussies at breakfast jams etc are Beerenberg from SA and Vegemite is available at breakfast in both restaurants, also Fosters beer available at all bars. Good quality Cuppacinos and Lattes in Ocean Palace restaurant, and at Gemini Bar .

Thanks again Kuldali

Sounds good, i suppose really one should wait and see until one is there, also the weather has an impact on what one is going to do as well. Do you remember how long the bus trip is to KL. At $17 AUD it is quite reasonable for a bottle of red as well. I didn't buy any red in Pattaya as the prices they were asking were on the point of being ridiculous. At one place it would have been about $130 AUD for a bottle of jacobs creek which one can buy here athe bottle shop for $6.50 !!

thanks again

Les

Thanks Kuldalai

In KL, how long will one have to sit on the bus before it reaches KL, are you then obliged to spend the whole time with the group as I do not think they would have any way of getting you back earlier other than with the whole group. I thought Penang would be worth seeing for Georgetown and the funnicular railway, maybe a market. Krabi I thought I would miss as its only really a beachy stop. ( am I right? ) Phuket, even though I have been there before I will do my own thing all day. Langkawi, Im unsure as Mummsie said it is holy day and probably dead as a door nail. Koh Samui I thought of maybe staying on board unless I could go ashore and come back easily. HCMC I definitley wa going to see, and Tioman Isaland more than likely treat the same as Koh Samui.

So many people in this thread have said how much they enjoyed the actual cruise part of it I suppose I didn't want to miss out on any of it.

What does a bottle of the house red cost at dinner in ours or their currency. At the moment we are enjoying a very good exchange rate and I hope it stays!

Thanks again

Cheers

Les

We booked on the shopping tour in KL. The trip takes about an hour - they have a commentory along the way - the guide will tell you what to do about bartering and some local history - made the trip go quite fast. They dropped us in the city next to the shopping mall and just let us loose. Gave us a time to be back on the bus (or else find your own way back at a cost of $30 for a taxi) and left it to ourselves what to do. Some went up the tower and others went shopping or for a walk. After we got back on the bus they took us to China Town for about 2 hours and then back to Port Klang.

Penang we did the Snake Temple tour which basically went around the whole Island. We stopped at a batik factory on the way and the rest of the time was driving. We enjoyed that tour but didn't leave much time to do anything else.

Price of wine on the ship was very good - probably the best of any cruise we have been on. They had some very good Chilian and also Californian red wines on the ship very reasonably priced.

Mummsie :D

Thanks Mummsie

Slowly but surely the plan is coming together, mind you I haven't discussed any of this with my partner yet so it could all change again!! Still, it is always good to have as much information as you can get, its really lucky that so many people here have been on Gemini and all have enjoyed her. Hope the virus will be well and truly gone by the time we get there, I sent off on the star website for the worldwide card, does anyone know if this would come before the trip or whether they just leave it until you board the ship.

thanks

Les

92 days to GO !:)

If you have requested it they should send you an application form to fill in . If not just join up at Reception as soon as you board, and make sure they activate the card BEFORE the vessel sails from Singapore otherwise you will not get credit for brownie points for the cabin you have already booked and paid for .

Hello everyone. We're booked on the 24th June cruise from Singapore. Just wondering if anyone knows which pier Gemini docks in Phuket? I heard that during the wet season the tender boats are not used and the ship docks in port. We intend doing an independently booked trip to Phi Phi and need to know where to tell the tour operator to pick us up. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

34 days to go 'till we fly out to Hong Kong to join the Gemini on July 18th. I've been following the adventures of those on the current trip but havent found any comments re' shorex in Halong Bay. Given that we are there for the best part of two days need some ideas to fill in the days please.

Frank

Hi everyone,

Vera, I think we're planning to have brunch next Sunday at Paulana's (I think it's a boutique brewery right in town) I probably won't check in here again till later in the week, so let me know any plans you have. Give me a ring when you get in. Looking forward to meeting up with you.

Trevor and I have arrived back in Singapore to stay for a week with my sister. I have much to report, and some may not go down to well with the die-hard Gemini fans.

Firstly, let me say, I would cruise again on the Gemini, but Star Cruises will get a scathing letter from me when I return home. Much has been said about the gastro bug on the ship, and speaking with professional experience of infection control, there was more that could have been done, and should have been done, considering how disgusting some people's personal habits are.

Yes, I did get the virus, and let me say, it wasn't pleasant, but I kept it to myself, unlike many others onboard. They didn't report to the Dr for fear of being confined to their cabin (as I was). I don't believe enough was done soon enough to contain the bug. I got sick when we reboarded from HK, where I consumed nothing but a beer at Victoria Peak (excellent and recommended by the way)

1. The hand sanitiser WAS available from the very minute we stepped on board, it was not obligatory until we returned from Danang. I used it religiously and didn't touch anything I didn't have to. handrails etc.

2. The cabin stewards should have to report ill pax to med staff or supervisor.

3. Signage was non existent in the buffet, where the food was quite adequate, but we chose not to eat there much due to cross infection risk. Signs that you would find in an ordinary Aussie buffet: Please use a clean plate; If you touch it, take it; (I saw people take a plate then put it back because it was still warm), applies to food as well, DO NOT REFILL YOUR DRINK BOTTLE FROM THE WATER MACHINE, that absolutely floored me... a lady shoved the spout right into her bottle!!

4.Any cutlery or utensil dropped on the floor goes in the wash. Not so on board Gemini, sadly, and that's crew.

This is getting boring, let's talk some good stuff!!

Koh Samui, tender port, tenders run pretty much constantly to and from Nathon port. DIY day, with 2 other couples we hired a mini bus for an island tour. 2000 baht, buy your own lunch.

Laem Chabang, shuttle bus into Pattaya, S$30 each rtn. Hired baht bus to take us up to Big Buddha statue, 300 baht, down from 500. Good shopping in the markets along the beach, very hot day, could have shopped more but too drained. Bit like Patong Beach, but prob not as nice. Got sick of seeing young localgirls on arms of western (generally unattractive) men.

HCMC. Wow!! Did the Vietnamese wedding show on the Friday night which was very colourful and good insight into their culture. City tour next day, Saturday, city not as busy our guide says...!!!! Very in your face sellers trying to flog stuff every time you move. Saw 3 bridal parties at Notre Dame Cathedral for photos, one Traditional bride. Postcards are cheaper at the P.O. Stamps for Aussie bound postcard, 7000 dong, 6 for US$3 and a bit of VND change, interesting for a souvenier.

Danang. More of the same, pushy touts, many of them women. Again tour of the city and then out to the Non Nuoc stone carvers. Pedal cab drivers which are part of the tour will demand a tip. $US 1 is all you should give, but they will want 2.

HK. Brilliant!! Unfortunately time cut short, but with 2 others we caught ferry across to HK island, you can get change of small notes at the ticket window, cab up to the Peak $HK under 60 divide by 4 = cheap. Viewing platform, free. Beer at Bubba Gumps sitting at bar looking at same view, unreal.... pint $HK 52 I think. Peak Tram back down, up might have been better?? $HK22 each. Walk to MRT, ticket back to Harbourside $HK9, others went back we continued on to MongKok to Ladies Market, add value to ticket before leaving platform.

Halong Bay. sick, would have liked Hanoi trip but wasn't to be. Next day shuttle to town, $S15 each rtn. Very pleasant place, very laid back. Tourist market along beach. Reports from Halong Bay boat tour ppl varied.

Nha Trang. Lovely, lovely place. One of the most beautiful bays and waterfronts in the world. Also, home to the photographer Long Thanh, whose studio rated a visit on our list. He is the guy who did a lot of photos for the 'MILK' and similar books. Ship shuttle into town, but possible to walk, maybe 45 min fairly flat, but hot, not as hot as other places.

KK. Another nice place, bit more western the Vietnam and the locals not pushy. Teamed up with 2 others, hired cab for tour, 100 min, 100 ringgits.

Torrential arvo storm put paid to our plan to walk back to ship. Good port to walk in. Eat at the waterfront. Many choices and beer available. Bit worried about availability with the Muslim factor.

Kuching. City Tour, with free time at the waterfront, another nice place. Disappointed at being fed Chinese food at cheesey Chinese restaurant in Malaysia. Green tea provided, buy own beer.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I will type up my full report when I get home.

Bye for now,

Tracey.

Hi all, we’re back in Perth, flew straight home instead of having our few days in Singapore, still pretty crook, but not the Norovirus, managed to dodge that one, but ended up with the Cold / Flu virus that spread like wildfire a couple of days out of HK.

Sorry to say that from what I observed about half of the Passengers went down with it, rasping cough, sore throat, and headaches from blocked sinuses, not nice let me tell you as despite having flu shots I came down with a bad dose of it and was too sick to get ashore in Kuching so missed the Urana tangs, bugger!

Anyway after living on a diet of Panadol and Fisherman’s Friends for four days we felt it best to fly straight home on arrival in Singapore.

Unfortunately this has not been a happy cruise for many, and is one of the chances we all take when we go cruising, no matter what the Ship or Cruise Line.

Could Star and Gemini have done more, I expect so, and suspect that lessons will have been learned, and hopefully steps put in place for the future, as Tracey has already indicated they will need to put in place better food handling procedures for a start, and this is nothing new, most of this we experienced on Celebrity a year ago in the Med.

Celebrity would not allow you to serve yourself at the buffet, rather gloved Staff would ensure you got only what you wanted, nothing was returned, no plates, utensils, drinking vessels, and the like were ever used twice, no top ups of own bottles allowed, they even did away with the ice-cream in a cone, instead you had it in a bowl.

As for the Flu, unfortunately because the ship is like an inclosed Air-conditioned capsule, it’s a case of just one cough and it’s like opening Pandora’s Box, also it was simply just too cold in any areas, like it was 32 degrees and 90 percent humidity outside and 16 degrees and a dry cold inside, which didn’t help.

Would we cruise again on Gemini, probably not, not because of this cruise or the medical problems, you can get that on any Ship, but rather we’ve moved on with our Cruising, Gemini is a “nice” ship for the first time cruisers to go on to experience their first cruise, however if you have not been before and don’t know what to expect and have experienced four and five star cruising on Celebrity, HAL, Oceania, Crystal and others, then it would be a bit of a let down.

Please don’t let me put anyone off, and for those who just love Gemini and go back time and time again, please forgive me, but for us it is what I call the 1%’s that makes the difference between a good cruise and a Great Cruise, and Star and Gemini just don’t do the 1%’s.

For example, the scheduled the showing of a 2 hour Movie at 12 noon, when lunch was only available in the Mariners Buffet from 12 to 2pm, and on another day they had 5 bus loads of up to 40 passengers arrive back from their shore excursions within 5 minutes of each other and with just 15 minutes before lunch was over, well you can imagine that the queue stretched for miles and some missed out!

They had a big family of Chinese Acrobats on board as part of the entertainment, well what can you expect them to do in the Galaxy Theatre with a “stage” the size of a pocket hankie, with barely 8 foot high ceilings, and any entertainment activity that is carried on below the waist level, such as fancy tap dancing, can not be seen by anyone other than those lucky few in the very front row of seats, as such they must tailor their shows to the venue.

Sorry to say they did not match the extra curricular activities to the passenger demographics, given that over 90% of the passengers were between 60 and 80, the likes of the hip-opp dance lessons were not well attended, also the $25 a head “Topless Review” was probably not the best idea, given the pressure the medical staff were already under, another dozen old blokes with heart attacks was all they needed!

Communication was minimal, the daily “newspaper” had the same “general information” and ships adverts for discount dry-cleaning or hair / beauty treatment every day and just minimum information on other items of interest.

Other things that did not ingratiate Star to it’s passengers was the likes of double dipping in the Currency Exchange, by converting your currency say $AU to $SG first then from $SG to $US, $HK or Malaysian Ringgit, and back, everything had to go through Singapore $’s so you lost on the exchange rate twice for every transaction.

Also the pool is just too small for the number of passengers and the number of sea days in such a hot climate, at best it takes no more than a dozen people standing shoulder to shoulder, I miss being able to do laps in a half size Olympic pool available on other bigger ships.

Anyway you all go and enjoy yourselves on Gemini, I am confident you will as the Staff are just so friendly and helpful, and while she is an old ship, by today’s standards, the Gemini still has the grace of a real cruise ship.

Catch you on the Seas one day.

Regards, BJ (Bruce) and Mrs C (Beth)

2. The cabin stewards should have to report ill pax to med staff or supervisor.

3. Signage was non existent in the buffet, where the food was quite adequate, but we chose not to eat there much due to cross infection risk. Signs that you would find in an ordinary Aussie buffet: Please use a clean plate; If you touch it, take it; (I saw people take a plate then put it back because it was still warm), applies to food as well, DO NOT REFILL YOUR DRINK BOTTLE FROM THE WATER MACHINE, that absolutely floored me... a lady shoved the spout right into her bottle!!

4.Any cutlery or utensil dropped on the floor goes in the wash. Not so on board Gemini, sadly, and that's crew.

Hi Tracey - thanks for your extensive report. Sorry to hear that you caught the bug as well. With regard to your observations/comments, a few questions:

Point 2 - While this sounds initially like a good idea, it may be easier said than done. There is the matter of passenger's privacy, then how does a cabin steward necessarily identify a passenger as ill (unless the passenger is totally confined to bed). If passengers have "the bug" and do not want to report it, they will also try to make sure that the stewards do not easily find out about it.

Point 3

"... signs that you would find in an ordinary Aussie buffet ..." I have eaten at lots of Aussie (and overseas) buffets and never seen signs like those you mention.

Point 4

Did you point this out to the relevant supervisor/restaurant manager at the time? Pointing out these practices IMO will only bring results when done at the time and point of occurrence so that the crew members in question can be instructed accordingly. Even if you point it out in a letter to Starcruises, it will probably not get all the way down to the area affected, i.e. the crew in the restaurant.

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject (and no, I am not a die-hard Gemini fan, have yet to sail on her - soon).

Glad to hear that overall you have enjoyed your cruise.

Thanks for your report, Bruce.

Hi all, we’re back in Perth, flew straight home instead of having our few days in Singapore, still pretty crook, but not the Norovirus, managed to dodge that one, but ended up with the Cold / Flu virus that spread like wildfire a couple of days out of HK.

Sorry to say that from what I observed about half of the Passengers went down with it, rasping cough, sore throat, and headaches from blocked sinuses, not nice let me tell you as despite having flu shots I came down with a bad dose of it and was too sick to get ashore in Kuching so missed the Urana tangs, bugger!

Anyway after living on a diet of Panadol and Fisherman’s Friends for four days we felt it best to fly straight home on arrival in Singapore.

Sorry to hear you were unwell and found it necessary to return early.

Unfortunately this has not been a happy cruise for many, and is one of the chances we all take when we go cruising, no matter what the Ship or Cruise Line.

Well said and not only applicable to cruising either ...

Could Star and Gemini have done more, I expect so, and suspect that lessons will have been learned, and hopefully steps put in place for the future, as Tracey has already indicated they will need to put in place better food handling procedures for a start, and this is nothing new, most of this we experienced on Celebrity a year ago in the Med.

Celebrity would not allow you to serve yourself at the buffet, rather gloved Staff would ensure you got only what you wanted, nothing was returned, no plates, utensils, drinking vessels, and the like were ever used twice, no top ups of own bottles allowed, they even did away with the ice-cream in a cone, instead you had it in a bowl.

Probably a good idea, some of it should be applied to land-based buffets also.

As for the Flu, unfortunately because the ship is like an inclosed Air-conditioned capsule, it’s a case of just one cough and it’s like opening Pandora’s Box, also it was simply just too cold in any areas, like it was 32 degrees and 90 percent humidity outside and 16 degrees and a dry cold inside, which didn’t help.

Would we cruise again on Gemini, probably not, not because of this cruise or the medical problems, you can get that on any Ship, but rather we’ve moved on with our Cruising, Gemini is a “nice” ship for the first time cruisers to go on to experience their first cruise, however if you have not been before and don’t know what to expect and have experienced four and five star cruising on Celebrity, HAL, Oceania, Crystal and others, then it would be a bit of a let down.

Please don’t let me put anyone off, and for those who just love Gemini and go back time and time again, please forgive me, but for us it is what I call the 1%’s that makes the difference between a good cruise and a Great Cruise, and Star and Gemini just don’t do the 1%’s.

For example, the scheduled the showing of a 2 hour Movie at 12 noon, when lunch was only available in the Mariners Buffet from 12 to 2pm, and on another day they had 5 bus loads of up to 40 passengers arrive back from their shore excursions within 5 minutes of each other and with just 15 minutes before lunch was over, well you can imagine that the queue stretched for miles and some missed out!

They had a big family of Chinese Acrobats on board as part of the entertainment, well what can you expect them to do in the Galaxy Theatre with a “stage” the size of a pocket hankie, with barely 8 foot high ceilings, and any entertainment activity that is carried on below the waist level, such as fancy tap dancing, can not be seen by anyone other than those lucky few in the very front row of seats, as such they must tailor their shows to the venue.

Sorry to say they did not match the extra curricular activities to the passenger demographics, given that over 90% of the passengers were between 60 and 80, the likes of the hip-opp dance lessons were not well attended, also the $25 a head “Topless Review” was probably not the best idea, given the pressure the medical staff were already under, another dozen old blokes with heart attacks was all they needed!

Entertainers need of course be booked a long time in advance when the passenger demographics may not be known for a particular cruise and generally they go weeks or even months with the same entertainment (and naturally passenger demographics can fluctuate widely) In today's times I hardly think that a topless revue would result in "old blokes" having heart attacks (I hope the widow of the elderly person who passed away on the trip does not read your post ...)

Communication was minimal, the daily “newspaper” had the same “general information” and ships adverts for discount dry-cleaning or hair / beauty treatment every day and just minimum information on other items of interest.

What sort of info/communication did you expect ?

Other things that did not ingratiate Star to it’s passengers was the likes of double dipping in the Currency Exchange, by converting your currency say $AU to $SG first then from $SG to $US, $HK or Malaysian Ringgit, and back, everything had to go through Singapore $’s so you lost on the exchange rate twice for every transaction.

You do not have to change money on the ship, better rates may well be available once ashore. If changing money on the ship you probably do it for convenience. Ship's currency is Singapore, I think you may find the same would apply if you were to exchange A$ into the varying currencies e.g. in Singapore or say US$ into varying others here in OZ, it would first get converted nto the local currency.

Also the pool is just too small for the number of passengers and the number of sea days in such a hot climate, at best it takes no more than a dozen people standing shoulder to shoulder, I miss being able to do laps in a half size Olympic pool available on other bigger ships.

If you had looked at the deck plans, you would have been aware of this.

Anyway you all go and enjoy yourselves on Gemini, I am confident you will as the Staff are just so friendly and helpful, and while she is an old ship, by today’s standards, the Gemini still has the grace of a real cruise ship.

Catch you on the Seas one day.

Regards, BJ (Bruce) and Mrs C (Beth)

Hi boeckli,

In response to your thoughts, this was our second cruise on the Gemini and therefore knew exactly what to expect, including the size of the pool, my point was that it is totally inadequate for the number of passengers and the mostly hot climate in which she normally cruises.

This Cruise, according to Travel Agents and Star, has been fully booked for many months, as such they knew exactly what the demographics were, I believe it was simply not good planning, as for some of the entertainment it was inappropriate for the size of the venue, once again not good planning.

My reference to the possible impact of Topless Review was meant to be very much tongue in cheek, I’m sorry you missed that, and I do hope that no one related to the gentleman who unfortunately passed away, should they read it, take any offence, as none was intended, but again trying to make the point that it was probably inappropriate for the demographics, bad planning.

The “newspaper” consisted of the equivalent of 4 x A4 pages, of which better than half contained the same information day in and day out, such as the dress code for dining, that no electronic devices and or photos are allowed in the Casino, and that dry cleaning was 25% off for 5 or more articles, and, and, it was simply just the same.

Any information on our next port of call you had to get from the Excursion Desk and was heavily slanted towards you booking your Tour from them, there was little or no information on the ship or the crew, the weather forecast was minimal, if you wanted detail on anything you had to eek it out of reception, even if they told us how many sausages the cooked for breakfast would have been something, but again experiences on other ships have our expectations higher than Star can provide.

We, as I am sure many others did, brought our own foreign currency with us, however there were times when we did need to supplement this with extra, as the shopping became more intense, as such we had to make use of the on board facilities, as there is often no opportunity to do so ashore, especially on an organised excursion, and I knew the penalty, but there is no need to double dip and it just left a bad taste.

There are banks in Aus that will exchange any currency for another at a flat fee of $8 ($6 for Pensioners), for amounts less than $10K, at the going daily rate which is just under the prime.

Anyway hope that clears things up for you, I expect that Tracey may respond to your thoughts on her post, we were to catch up with her on the second night out of HK but bumped into her at the Dr’s on the first night and I know she was not a well budgie for a couple of days.

As I pointed out in my post I agree with her that Star / Gemini needed to react more, and to up their level of food hygiene, this is nothing more than most other cruise lines have adopted as standard practice for a couple of years now, I believe that up until the Gastro started they had nothing in place.

Anyway hope you enjoy your up coming cruise on Gemini.

Regards, BJC

Hi everyone -from a very shonky keyboard in our hotel in Bali.

Sorry to read of so much sickness etc on the ship - hope you all get over it very quickly.

Tracey I'll get in touch Friday evening - I think Sunday lunch time is when we can board so may have to be some other time.

I'll report back after the cruise as to how things have been.

Regards

Vera

Bruce (BJC) you had the cold/flu virus not the norovirus. But you were sick on the first night ( in the doctor's clinic). So did you get the virus before you board the ship.

You said half of the pax were sick. Is it really that bad. Earlier postings here said the virus is contained and only 15 pax were affected.

You were sick in Kuching and in Singapore. Does that mean that you were sick for about the whole cruise.

I am going on the Gemini in 2 weeks time on June 24 and I hope the virus will be gone by that time.

Regards, John

Hi Bruce,

Glad you are back home safely and feeling a little better. It was probably a wise choice to not extend your time post cruise in Singapore. I can well imagine how drained you both must have felt.

Although this was not the cruise of your dreams, I am sure you still have some fond memories.

Please stay in touch with all of us here on this forum, no matter what.

Even if your next cruise is with another Line, we still would enjoy hearing from you.

Take care and recover quickly.

Best,

Mike

Funny that the serving standards at the buffet on SS GEMINI are not the same as on SS VIRGO and Norwegian Cruise line where gloved staff ensure all pax sanitize before entering restaurants, gloved staff hand out all plates, and gloved staff serve out all hot and cold foods from self serve buffets to each pax specification . Perhaps Star had not had a problem up till now on GEMINI being a smaller ship . Anyway no doubt they will now tighten things up .

As I said earlier it would help immensely if a lot of the pax practiced the common courtesy of covering their mouths when coughing in public .

Hi all,

Very interesting to read the comments so far re the last cruise.

I don't think I will ever eat at a buffet again!! I must admit that I was seeing the world thru different eyes after I was ill, and by then everything was double the effort, so complaining was not on the agenda. Besides, already plenty of that from other pax. Even when I was allowed to leave my cabin, I had no energy and spent a lot of time there anyway. The trip back from HK was twice as long as the trip up. :(

Bruce and I met at the Clinic for totally different reasons. He was not ill.

It's really easy to spot passengers ill with this bug........ they need plenty of sick bags, because they're busy both ends, and our steward brought extra water every day. Also, if they can't get in to make the bed, they'd have to wonder what was going on. And IMHO, if it's for the greater good, and limits the spread of a very unsavoury bug, then report, report, report.

Vera, my plans have changed, but we plan to head out to the airport early arvo Sunday now. Can't remember when you said you arrive. Was it Friday? Maybe we can meet up on Saturday??

Anyway, bye for now.

Tracey.

Hi to all

Sorry to all those just returned and did not have a 100% time. it is a bit of a worry. I have never experienced a cruise as yet and we are only off in September, but it will be interesting to see if the next cruisers who go on her will see if any changes have been implemented.

Bruce said that the majority of the pax were 60 - 80, it is hard to believe that people this age group would be so lax. I was at a buffet over the long weekend and it was one more aimed at the young family scene and I watched and could see how a breakout could easily occur. The kids at this buffet ran rampant through the place ,no supervision of the food or monitoring by the staff, kids were sticking their fingers all over the food and plates. The parents are also the blame but one would think that adult pax would be more vigilent.

Was the ship fully booked out or was it half full? Was there a place you could voice your disapproval over the demographics Bruce, if it was passed on or brought to someones attention for review. is it something which could be liased with the Cruise Director? I have read all the posts going back to the start and this is the only incidence of a lack of complete satisfaction with the ship. Do they ever monitor this forum as feedback for a Quality Assurance type program?

Anyway, i hope everyone if better now.

Cheers

Les

Hi All again

I read earlier in thread that Colin Kerr was cruise director, is he still there and will he be there in September. On the last trip Bruce/Tracey etc, what do you think were the make up of nationalities on the ship? Do you think that Virgo could have experienced the same problems and the other 1%'s that you mention Bruce. Apart from the negative's did you revive any of your feelings that you previously had or is it better not to go back but rather forwards all the time. Was it or could have it been for you a very social type trip, that is plenty of interaction with other like minded pax if you so desired.

Also to Mike,

Do you travel frequently on Star Gemini and Virgo as pax or work orientated.

cheers

Les