Birthday celebration on MSC

Markanddonna

We were first time MSC cruisers and were delighted with the birthday cake we received as part of the matching status program (we matched to black.)  We were entitled to the classic cake which had a cream filling. It was wonderful.

I believe these cakes are also available for about $29 for birthdays and anniversaries and you are then entitled to a larger selection. You choose the cake at customer service (Lisa was delightful and very helpful.) The cake was presented in the MDR on the designated night.  We brought the sparkling Italian wine to dinner that night to share with our tablemates and Orlando provided the proper glasses and poured.

BTW- every detail that we were entitled to was promptly delivered.  There is often a glitch while on a cruise but MSC got it right 100% of the time.

IMG_6231.JPG

• Like 2

We celebrated my mom's 60th on the Seaside and I was impressed with the quality and price of the birthday cake.  I would definitely do it again.

There was a table of senior couples near us and they got their free cake (with singing waiters) a few times during the week (they were likely all top status) and told us they just celebrate their birthdays a few months early.

We will be celebrating our husband's birthdays when we cruise at the end of May. Did you need to mention the birthdays prior to sailing or did MSC just take care of it without notice? My husband's birthday is the day we disembark but we really wanted to give both of our guys a special birthday celebration.

I would ask for the cake the night before.  It didn't really seem to matter as far as when the cake was delivered. Go to customer service and ask. Tell them you know you will get the classic cake (the others cost extra.)  Mention it to your server before the date so he knows to expect it.  They did a great job on the delivery.

16 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I would ask for the cake the night before.  It didn't really seem to matter as far as when the cake was delivered. Go to customer service and ask. Tell them you know you will get the classic cake (the others cost extra.)  Mention it to your server before the date so he knows to expect it.  They did a great job on the delivery.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Such a nice gesture, and plus it looks so tasty, maybe next year I will celebrate my birthday there, just for the cake. However, every year I hire a company to help me organize my birthday because I have a lot of relatives and friends that I want to be there with me every year. So, this is the company https://australian-hiring.com.au/ which helps me every year with the location, decoration, food, and drinks, and they have never disappointed me. And as you can notice, for me my birthday is a very important celebration.

Edited by kelly13

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Seriously? - do you think your daughter will be that excited to receive a strange cake 3 weeks after her birthday?

Reminded me of going for my 1st covid jab 3 weeks ago - the centre insisted that everyone use a new mask as provided by them. Elderly lady in front came out with the usual "I'll take one for my husband" lol - something for nothing mentality.

Yes I do. 

Thank you for your answer. Have a lovely day. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if Im hijacking this thread...

My DD is going to turn 7 when we go on the virtuosa in July.

As tempting as the classic cakes sounds, I just wonder if I would be better bringing my own cake and candles on board?

Any ideas/thoughts appreciated, thanks 

2 hours ago, nyk24 said:

As tempting as the classic cakes sounds, I just wonder if I would be better bringing my own cake and candles on board?

I'm not sure if they'll let you bring your own cake (for consumption in the cabin maybe they will), but they will definitely not let light candles on any cake while on board. Too much fire hazard. They'll probably kick you off the ship for even trying.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let all parents know that there is apparently a child's birthday cake option called a Doremi Cake.

I found the information buried away under the children's section of the MSC app. Its also buried in this link: http://m.msccruises.com/en-gl/Mobile/Contact/Corporate-Contact-Us.aspx

Basically you have to enquire about this special children's cake when on board.

In typical MSC fashion there is no mention whether it costs anything or not.

Birthday cakes are free if you have gold or black status?? Otherwise they currently start from £12 which I think is a great price but if you really want a child themed cake it might be worth waiting until u get on board?

47 minutes ago, nyk24 said:

Just to let all parents know that there is apparently a child's birthday cake option called a Doremi Cake.

I found the information buried away under the children's section of the MSC app. Its also buried in this link: http://m.msccruises.com/en-gl/Mobile/Contact/Corporate-Contact-Us.aspx

Basically you have to enquire about this special children's cake when on board.

In typical MSC fashion there is no mention whether it costs anything or not.

Birthday cakes are free if you have gold or black status?? Otherwise they currently start from £12 which I think is a great price but if you really want a child themed cake it might be worth waiting until u get on board?

Black status used to get free cake if your birthday was while on board.  I always thought kind of odd thing as we don't plan trips around birthday so guessing few actually benefit from this perk.