Cruising With Jane McDonald

Who remembers Jane McDonald from the BBC series from the late 90’s called The Cruise. Well she is back on New Zealand TV screens next month in a new series called Cruising With Jane McDonald on Sky’s Vibe channel. The first episodes feature Sydney and the beautiful New Zealand as she travels on the HAL Noordam. The series kicks off on Wednesday 13th March at 7.30pm.  Compulsory viewing for all cruise lovers.

8F2DA433-C3F5-477A-816B-2143F333B81B.jpeg

She was on our September Sun Princess cruise. The episode has already screened in the UK on Channel 5. A friend who watched it caught a glimpse of us when we docked in Broome. I think SBS screen her series in Australia so we are waiting to see what date it goes to air.

Watched a few of her documentaries on cruises too, she seemed to spend more time on what she enjoyed more than telling you very much about the ship / ports etc.

Perhaps this was what she was hired to do 🤔 be a great life though, come to think of it.

Edited by Porky55

She should have stuck with her day job of past years, cruise ship singer in the Caribbean. I reckon she was OTT in the TV series, that laugh drove me nutz.  She is on he Noordam? I hopes she disembarks before I embark on 21 April.

Nice enough lady, but hosting cruise ship docos is not her forte.

Edited by NSWP

I only saw the start of one episode.  With her cruise ship in the background she refered to it as a boat. 

Even worse than mighty cruise ships.

She is a peasant from the everything that floats is a boat brigade.

Zero credibility - switched Off.

13 hours ago, Swissmiss6253 said:

I love her, I think she is genuine and lovely.  I would prefer she lay off the sexual harassment a bit though.  You don't have to be pretentious to talk about cruising! 

She likes the lads, especially cruise ship staff.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, kiwi sailor said:

Who remembers Jane McDonald from the BBC series from the late 90’s called The Cruise. Well she is back on New Zealand TV screens next month in a new series called Cruising With Jane McDonald on Sky’s Vibe channel. The first episodes feature Sydney and the beautiful New Zealand as she travels on the HAL Noordam. The series kicks off on Wednesday 13th March at 7.30pm.  Compulsory viewing for all cruise lovers.

8F2DA433-C3F5-477A-816B-2143F333B81B.jpeg

I have seen the first two series, the Aus/NZ cruises are in the 4th I believe and look forward to seeing them.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, Cruzbear24 said:

She was on our September Sun Princess cruise. The episode has already screened in the UK on Channel 5. A friend who watched it caught a glimpse of us when we docked in Broome. I think SBS screen her series in Australia so we are waiting to see what date it goes to air.

So far they have only shown series one and two. Looking  forward to series 3 and 4.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, Swissmiss6253 said:

I love her, I think she is genuine and lovely.  I would prefer she lay off the sexual harassment a bit though.  You don't have to be pretentious to talk about cruising! 

I agree, it is her take 'on cruising' and she does shore excursions that are a bit different. I enjoy it for what it is and a documentary on cruising is not what it is supposed to be but what it could be.

• Like 1