Livin on the Edge now

Caymus88

Real surprised no one has mentioned the Norwegian Epic

yesterday afternoon it came very close to the Edge after knocking out Two pilings

very scary.  Loud crunching of the piling and it is also on you tube

suspect captain was fired (scuttlebut).  Even though the Epic was being towed in as

two engines failed

glad I’m not on it

On to living on the Edge. 

Thank you to previous cruisers. There is now plenty to do onboard.

the shows are good so far.

As per my name we like Caymus wine

They will sell you a bottle with a per glass price.

for ex 5 glasses per bottle .Upcharge of 10$ per glass with premium pkg so  bottle price is

$50 plus gratuity. Get a fresh bottle that way

Edited by Caymus88

2 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

On to living on the Edge. 

Thank you to previous cruisers. There is now plenty to do onboard.

the shows are good so far.

As per my name we like Caymus wine

They will sell you a bottle with a per glass price.

for ex 5 glasses per bottle .Upcharge of 10$ per glass so  bottle price is

$50 plus gratuity. Get a fresh bottle that way

Good to hear; what venue were they doing this? Will definitely take them up on this if they are still doing this in April when I sail.

Have a wonderful cruise.

NICE!!!!  We love Caymus also.  On Anthem they have a 40% off a bottle sale and we got (2) 1.5 liter bottles of Caymus Cab for $99 each.  They only had 2 left : )  We took one to dinner that night and the two of us finished it off.  Heathens that we are.  One came home in the suitcase for our anniversary.  

Enjoy your cruise and plenty of Caymus!

2 hours ago, Gonzo70 said:

Good to hear; what venue were they doing this? Will definitely take them up on this if they are still doing this in April when I sail.

Have a wonderful cruise.

All of them. Even ocean view cafe.  Just ask

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andrew2346 said:

NICE!!!!  We love Caymus also.  On Anthem they have a 40% off a bottle sale and we got (2) 1.5 liter bottles of Caymus Cab for $99 each.  They only had 2 left : )  We took one to dinner that night and the two of us finished it off.  Heathens that we are.  One came home in the suitcase for our anniversary.  

Enjoy your cruise and plenty of Caymus!

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

Real surprised no one has mentioned the Norwegian Epic

yesterday afternoon it came very close to the Edge after knocking out Two pilings

very scary.  Loud crunching of the piling and it is also on you tube

suspect captain was fired (scuttlebut).  Even though the Epic was being towed in as

two engines failed

glad I’m not on it

I saw a thread posted on the RCI forum about the pier damage in OSJ caused by the Norwegian Epic. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2634530-san-juan-pier-3-damage/

Edited by davekathy

Thank you for posting. I love my wine also.  I actually just purchased a bottle of that on my husband's 60th on this past Saturday.  Since you are on the ship now, can you find out who the food and beverage director is for me.

Thank you for your time.

15 hours ago, GINNY L said:

Thank you for posting. I love my wine also.  I actually just purchased a bottle of that on my husband's 60th on this past Saturday.  Since you are on the ship now, can you find out who the food and beverage director is for me.

Thank you for your time.

Looks like they rotate staff often, but I’ll ask.

Very surprised crew mostly doesn’t seem cheerfulll

Just the coffee crew Nelson for one

18 hours ago, GINNY L said:

Thank you for your time.

I was told there are twofood and beverage directors on board. Mr Vlad and Mr. Murant. Hope this helps

We booked our cabin after extensive research.  Wonderful spot near mid elevators.

Especially didn’t want obstructed views.

Well when we got in our cabin the MC. Rails are directly on our left. Not so bad, right?

Then they moved the dang thing, so it now blocks most of our view below as well

So we complained to GS. They graciously offered us a complementary specialty dining experience ( sarcasm here). However all restaurants were booked for the entire cruise.

had an idea.  Two bottles of Caymus at our premium BP cost: $100.00

They refused.  

Really not happy.  Add the noise through the walls of our cabin.  Etc.

Any ideas? I really hate complaining. Con

On a positive note most shows are good, especially Rondell Sheridan and the acrobats.

Paper trivia is back and other fun games.

Most people I talk to don’t like Eden or the other Khalida or Kaleidoscope.

Music venues are good.

I have never felt crowded.  

AND the sewage smell is gone

55 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

We booked our cabin after extensive research.  Wonderful spot near mid elevators.

Especially didn’t want obstructed views.

Well when we got in our cabin the MC. Rails are directly on our left. Not so bad, right?

Then they moved the dang thing, so it now blocks most of our view below as well

So we complained to GS. They graciously offered us a complementary specialty dining experience ( sarcasm here). However all restaurants were booked for the entire cruise.

had an idea.  Two bottles of Caymus at our premium BP cost: $100.00

They refused.  

Really not happy.  Add the noise through the walls of our cabin.  Etc.

Any ideas? I really hate complaining. Con

When I looked at the plans, it was obvious to me that cabins between the rails and the near vicinity would have an obstruction of some sort. That is why I booked port side because I knew I would not be happy with something like that. I am surprised you were offered specialty dining for this but maybe they did it because they knew it was fully booked? 

I am hoping you are still having a good time. I can't wait to be on the Edge! 

Hope you will list your cabin issues on the EDGE sticky ..top of page.  Sorry about the noise issue.  We were on the non MC side.. quiet and happy there.

We enjoyed Kaliedescope. Walked out of Khalida... Eden was great during the day when the Edenist were not there!

Could not hear most of the indiv music near  the Martini Bar.. area din was too darn loud .  Rooftop was too sunny and windy.. but we found some nice spots anyhow..

We  enjoyed our cruise   but one more booked on EDGE and  then we,ll be back to M and S class.

3 hours ago, Sandy1975 said:

When I looked at the plans, it was obvious to me that cabins between the rails and the near vicinity would have an obstruction of some sort. That is why I booked port side because I knew I would not be happy with something like that. I am surprised you were offered specialty dining for this but maybe they did it because they knew it was fully booked? 

I am hoping you are still having a good time. I can't wait to be on the Edge! 

We are because we meet people. And join in 

the sip is not fully booked.  Actually pretty quiet

someone else we met had the same issue. They were placed in a concierge cabin. 

Edited by Caymus88

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope you will list your cabin issues on the EDGE sticky ..top of page.  Sorry about the noise issue.  We were on the non MC side.. quiet and happy there.

We enjoyed Kaliedescope. Walked out of Khalida... Eden was great during the day when the Edenist were not there!

Could not hear most of the indiv music near  the Martini Bar.. area din was too darn loud .  Rooftop was too sunny and windy.. but we found some nice spots anyhow..

We  enjoyed our cruise   but one more booked on EDGE and  then we,ll be back to M and S class.

We are enjoying the cruise.  Wouldn’t book it again though. 

A lot of the outside venues are too windy to sit, but will be addressed in the future.

The I V cabin is just a big picture window IMO.

But ok

Living on the Edge---I am not too sure if you are able to answer this question so it does not hurt to try.  Do you know if they have all the Elite level activities?  I just made it to elite level and it shows activities such as Captain's club wine tasting, behind the scenes tour, captains coffee lounge etc.?

Thank you for all your time.

6 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

Living on the Edge---I am not too sure if you are able to answer this question so it does not hurt to try.  Do you know if they have all the Elite level activities?  I just made it to elite level and it shows activities such as Captain's club wine tasting, behind the scenes tour, captains coffee lounge etc.?

Thank you for all your time.

I am not quite elite, but they have captains club events. they have the lounge, and the wine tasting for sure