Hotel pre & post cruise

camper49

Looking for suggestions for a stay in Fort Lauderdale. Will be cruising from there in February 2020. We have cruised many time but have always driven to Florida and made a month vacation after cruising. Usually cruise out of Port Canaveral..We are considering flying ‘‘this time and need suggestions on a place for three days pre cruise & three days post. Or we may just do a week before or after. Do not want to rent a car. Do not need high end hotels. Would like to be handy to things. 

Ty

You need to set a budget and go from there but be realistic.  The superbowl is going on here February 2020 so $125 a night is probably not realistic compounded by President's Week, Miami Boat Show, and SBW&FF.

For three nights ahead of time or afterwards, look a little north like LBTS, Deerfield, Pompano, or even Boca.

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

You need to set a budget and go from there but be realistic.  The superbowl is going on here February 2020 so $125 a night is probably not realistic compounded by President's Week, Miami Boat Show, and SBW&FF.

For three nights ahead of time or afterwards, look a little north like LBTS, Deerfield, Pompano, or even Boca.

I totally spaced that super bowl was there! Probably not a great time to be in that area..

While at the Best Western Oceanside, FLL in January 2019, I booked my pre and post cruise stay for Feb 2020.  I have stayed there for 1 night, 5 nights (2018) and 6 nights (2019).  The hotel is 100 yards from the beach, free great hot breakfast, $ wash/dryer, $ bikes, bar with food.  The Sun Trolley ( just wave it down) and regular bus, water taxi all within walker distance.  No shuttle from airport, they have a shuttle they recommend to port.

We used the Sun Trolley ($1/pp trip, $0.50/senior per trip or $3.00/all day) to go to restaurants and grocery store.  You stand by the road and wave to the driver to stop for pick up and tell him where you want to exit.

While there (January 2019) their website at the time did not have the price for Feb 2020 but the hotel did.  Call the hotel direct for a price.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

I'm with phabric. We stayed at the BW Oceanside for 3 nights pre-cruise in December 2017 and I have recently booked it for 2 nights pre-cruise this coming November. Great location, helpful staff and decent breakfast included in the price.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phabric said:

While at the Best Western Oceanside, FLL in January 2019, I booked my pre and post cruise stay for Feb 2020.  I have stayed there for 1 night, 5 nights (2018) and 6 nights (2019).  The hotel is 100 yards from the beach, free great hot breakfast, $ wash/dryer, $ bikes, bar with food.  The Sun Trolley ( just wave it down) and regular bus, water taxi all within walker distance.  No shuttle from airport, they have a shuttle they recommend to port.

We used the Sun Trolley ($1/pp trip, $0.50/senior per trip or $3.00/all day) to go to restaurants and grocery store.  You stand by the road and wave to the driver to stop for pick up and tell him where you want to exit.

While there (January 2019) their website at the time did not have the price for Feb 2020 but the hotel did.  Call the hotel direct for a price.

Is this located on Seabreeze Boulevard?

My favorite overnight is Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, Dania, FL. The rooms are large and comfy! There is a train that runs next door but we barely noticed. The BEST part, we can walk next door to Dockers to eat!