52 days and counting - Will I make it?

Hflors

Folks let me tell you a story. five sisters wanted to do a vacation all together. So about a year ago we booked a RFS for this march 06. Our life has been very sad and we thought it would perk us up. Well almost immediately the problems began. (We had to have a RFS because one of the sisters refused to share a bathroom with the other sisters. Can you believe that? Well one sister "almost" "finally" has decided that she didn't want to go. Forget for a minute we had to pay for her up front while she tried to make up her mind. But as of this minute she probly isn't going (that could change) So now there is four sisters. And one of the sisters have been really b**ch about this cruise.

A)Too many other people on the ship

B) She doesn't want to share the sun with other cruisers. (We assured her that she can sunbath on the balocony alone!

C) She's afraid RCCl is a "Party ship" and not have the right class of people.

D) She doesn't want to wait to board. We have priority boarding

It goes on and on.

Well here is the kicker yesterday 53 days from sailing she talks to my other sister and she wants to know how much of her money she will get back if she had to cancel. She thinks my mother is too sick to be left home while she takes this cruise. Now it's true my mother is in very poor health she has been this way since my father's death last june. She now lives with my sister, but my sister said this statement about canceling this cruise on the day she returned from her last 10 day vacation! Since last june when my father died she has had 4 vacations ranging from 6 weeks to 10 days.

Well the other sister and I have talked it over and we were going to substitute our husbands and take them if my sister canceled. Oh by the way the fourth sister also made some rumblings that she also wanted to cancel.

So now with 52 Days to go we are trying to find decent airfare another hotel Room. Sister that wants to go and I already have one room which if her hubby goes he and her willl share. Of course it will be around spring break when we go so prices in miami are going to be sky hi. Hubby put in for the time off and we are working with Rccl about refunds Bla, Bla, You get the picture.

ANd now here is where my blood preasure really begins to rise. Sister who wants to cancel calls me tonight. She wants to know how much she will loose at what dates! She told me she is going to "play it by ear!" She isn't going to cancel but wait it out. ANd get this! If we do need to cancel she doesn't want to cancel she wants me to transfer our bookings to another cruise later! This drives me crazy. She tells one sister one thing then tells me another.

Well no matter what I'm going. If I show up on the ship alone I'm going.

But the stress of all of this has taught me a great lesson. After this I only go with HUBBY! He isn't as organized as me, but at least when we make a reservation it's for keeps.

I know some of you have seen my posts about this cruise before I hope you don't think I'm too much of a whinner. Anyway I'm headed for another glass of wine.

PS - After this cruise I think I need a vacation. Maybe RCCL is giving away cruises to stressed out family members! (Yea right)

Any way thanks for listening to me vent.

Man oh man, what a yucky situation.

Yeah, If you are the only one left standing go and have THE time of your life.

Sounds like you would enjoy yourself more if that was the case anyway.

Anyhow, good luck and bon voyage!!!:)

Your story had a familiar ring to it. My siblings and I (5 of us in all-1 boy 4 girls) were supposed to go on sibling trip. The first problem was deciding where to go. Too many options. We had many different options of where to go. Had to draw out of hat. Florida was picked but that quickly turned into a cruise. One by one the siblings dropped out of going so instead of 5 of us it is only going to be 2. Very sad about that, but very excited about going. We sail on 4/15/06.

Vent away you have a reason to :D I am a planner and one that takes my word seriously. I find it difficult that some people have no since of commitment and feel it's not a big deal to cancel when others are involved. The whole point was to get everyone together not to go on a cruise alone. Good luck, vent away when ever you like. Just don't complain about the eggs or coffee in the Windjammer :D Making myself laugh, now that's sad!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hflors, you have my sympathy. I hope that things all work out, everone comes together,and you all have a wonderful cruise. Be sure and come back afterwards,and let us know. I hate reading things like this,and then never knowing how it all ended. :)

Tell her she either cancels now or she goes. Tell her that you are not missing out on your vacation because she decided not to go. She can't force you to transfer it to another booking - tell her you will be going on the cruise you booked.

Then after this cruise, don't book another cruise with her again. Let her be the one that plans any get togethers in the future. That way she can't complain about any decisions you made.

My mother unfortunately has a sister like yours. Several years ago they started getting together in Dallas to shop. Well, a couple of years ago oldest sister said she couldn't make it to Dallas because she couldn't afford the airfare, could they go to Branson instead because she could drive. They switched to Branson to accommodate oldest sister, and then two weeks before she backed out because she didn't want to leave her husband at home alone for the weekend (never mind that she had two adult sons living with her at the time who were perfectly capable of taking care of their dad and have done it in the past).

Well folks here's the lastest update. According to RCCL as long as I (since I'm the first passenger and made all the original booking) Goes no matter what anyone else wants to do the booking stays. I've been on the phone with RCCl a couple of times going over all the senerios. It's complicated, but anyway the booking will stay in tact.

My hubby said not to make any more "sister" trips. Only one of our trips were pleasant. The last time we all went by the end of the week everyone needed to "go their own way" if you know what I mean.

I dread for my phone to ring because I don't want to have to go into all of this again. God I can't wait to get on that ship (even if I have to go alone) and sit on that balcony and get a good stiff drink!

After all this I feel I deserve it.

Well lets see what tomorrow brings.

51 Days and counting!

OMG!!!!!!!!! I feel for you! Ugh - family - not again - I hope you don't attempt this feat anytime soon.

Federalsburg.......wow you are right down the state from me! Howdy neighbor! Are all your sisters in MD?

Well I just want to let you know that I am available to take your sister's place!

I am quiet, neat, clean and appreciative of things others do for me!! I am even willing to carry your luggage if you'll let me go!

Don't let this ruin YOUR vacation!! You have no idea how many other people would jump at such a wonderful chance.

Let her stay home. She's the one that loses out.

OMG!!!!!!!!! I feel for you! Ugh - family - not again - I hope you don't attempt this feat anytime soon.

Federalsburg.......wow you are right down the state from me! Howdy neighbor! Are all your sisters in MD?

No none of my sisters live any where near me. One lives near PA, but that's as close as it gets.

Hubby says he's going to have me commited if I even bring up the subject of a "sister's trip!

I'm beginning to believe that sometimes family should be "farrrrrr" away. Just for confort.

Archived