Tote Bags & Water Bottles on Edge

bacm

Do passengers receive tote bags in their room that can be used to carry items to the pool or off of the ship?

Are there bottles of water available in the rooms or available for purchase before you leave the ship?

The grey bag will likely be in your top dresser drawer (at least it was there on our 4 cruises). If you are in a suite, you will also receive a Nate Berkus bag on the first Chic night. It actually is a nice bag, though I removed the tassel.

image.thumb.png.82f187bbe9dbbf99e8389c270298769c.png

Destination Gateway, where we disembarked for the ports, has a bar area where they sell water (different types and sizes), if you forget to take one from your cabin - you can use your package to get it for free, if you have one. This picture is where it is set up as a bar. It is a great area - has seats where you can wait for others and bathrooms.

image.thumb.png.d77bdd307b71db3314f85a071f168dd9.png

Edited by vtcruising

11 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The grey bag will likely be in your top dresser drawer (at least it was there on our 4 cruises). If you are in a suite, you will also receive a Nate Berkus bag on the first Chic night. It actually is a nice bag, though I removed the tassel.

image.thumb.png.82f187bbe9dbbf99e8389c270298769c.png

Destination Gateway, where we disembarked for the ports, has a bar area where they sell water (different types and sizes), if you forget to take one from your cabin - you can use your package to get it for free, if you have one. This picture is where it is set up as a bar. It is a great area - has seats where you can wait for others and bathrooms.

image.thumb.png.d77bdd307b71db3314f85a071f168dd9.png

I’m not sure all will agree, but we found the water in aluminum bottles had a bit of a metallic taste. The large Evian glass bottles were fine if you brought it back to your cabin, but you don’t want to carry them around. We didn’t like the change from plastic for that reason. In the past we always picked up the large Evian plastic bottles on the way off of the ship for excursions or simply wandering around the port. We will likely bring our own Nalgene type bottle and fill it with Evian from the glass bottles as we disembark the ship. If X recycles all the plastic on board, I don’t quite understand the need to eliminate the plastic bottles. They need to recycle the glass and aluminum now. I’m sure there is some totally reasonable explanation of why glass and aluminum are better for the environment, but I haven’t seen anyone tossing plastic bottles overboard adding to the huge floating islands of plastic in the ocean. 

21 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I’m not sure all will agree, but we found the water in aluminum bottles had a bit of a metallic taste. The large Evian glass bottles were fine if you brought it back to your cabin, but you don’t want to carry them around. We didn’t like the change from plastic for that reason. In the past we always picked up the large Evian plastic bottles on the way off of the ship for excursions or simply wandering around the port. We will likely bring our own Nalgene type bottle and fill it with Evian from the glass bottles as we disembark the ship. If X recycles all the plastic on board, I don’t quite understand the need to eliminate the plastic bottles. They need to recycle the glass and aluminum now. I’m sure there is some totally reasonable explanation of why glass and aluminum are better for the environment, but I haven’t seen anyone tossing plastic bottles overboard adding to the huge floating islands of plastic in the ocean. 

I thought I would hate the taste of the water in the metal cans, but I preferred those because of the awkwardness of the large glass bottles (and really didn't mind the taste of the canned water). In some places they had the smaller Evians. I went to the recycling center on the Inside Access Tour and they explained their no plastic goal with a lot of pride. I applaud their recycling efforts, but those huge Evian bottles are a hazard because I imagine people occasionally drop them and they break. I dropped a Pelligrino in Security on a B2B and it shattered everywhere. It also made a loud bang and Security thought it was a gunshot and got pretty excited until I reassured them it was only a Pelligrino.  😉