Ben & Jerry Suite on Liberty

for those who wonder, it wasn't all that great. The free scoop of ice cream every night was wonderful. But the Ben & Jerry Suite on Liberty does NOT get double points. We were issued a normal blue Seapass card and got a blank gold card for access to the Suite Lounge which was never crowded like the Diamond Lounge so that was a bonus. But other than that you get none of the gold card services (priority embarkation/debarkation). We had access to the priority seating in the theater because we're Diamond Plus. The cabin itself was very small, we ran out of room for our stuff. It would be fine for 7 days for 1 person but not 2. The decorations all looked like an afterthought, just some cheesy figures on shelves I could have used and some figurines over the promenade window. 

I appreciate the honest review. For us it still sounds like a winner, my wife is a big fan of ice cream and cow-themed decor, and we're no where near Diamond level so the suite lounge access and the free ice cream sound pretty cool. I hope those rooms are still available the next time we're looking for a cruise.

Does anyone have a list of what ships offer this "sweet" and what the stateroom numbers are?

23 minutes ago, micahd said:

I appreciate the honest review. For us it still sounds like a winner, my wife is a big fan of ice cream and cow-themed decor, and we're no where near Diamond level so the suite lounge access and the free ice cream sound pretty cool. I hope those rooms are still available the next time we're looking for a cruise.

Does anyone have a list of what ships offer this "sweet" and what the stateroom numbers are?

Stateroom number 6305, only on Freedom, Liberty, and Independence.

3 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

for those who wonder, it wasn't all that great. The free scoop of ice cream every night was wonderful. But the Ben & Jerry Suite on Liberty does NOT get double points. We were issued a normal blue Seapass card and got a blank gold card for access to the Suite Lounge which was never crowded like the Diamond Lounge so that was a bonus. But other than that you get none of the gold card services (priority embarkation/debarkation). We had access to the priority seating in the theater because we're Diamond Plus. The cabin itself was very small, we ran out of room for our stuff. It would be fine for 7 days for 1 person but not 2. The decorations all looked like an afterthought, just some cheesy figures on shelves I could have used and some figurines over the promenade window. 

The stateroom is the same size and costs the same as any other Promenade stateroom. You also have free drinks in the SL during specified hours, which is a nice bonus, as well as the hors d’ourvres offered.

It’s never been billed as a true “suite”.

4 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

for those who wonder, it wasn't all that great. The free scoop of ice cream every night was wonderful. But the Ben & Jerry Suite on Liberty does NOT get double points. Nobody ever said it does... it's not even called the Ben & Jerry Suite -- it's called the Ben & Jerry SWEET!

We were issued a normal blue Seapass card and got a blank gold card for access to the Suite Lounge which was never crowded like the Diamond Lounge so that was a bonus.  Does it matter what color your card is, as long as you got access to the Suite Lounge?

But other than that you get none of the gold card services (priority embarkation/debarkation). We had access to the priority seating in the theater because we're Diamond Plus.  The gold card would have also given you that access, so that is a benefit to non-D+ cruisers. 

The cabin itself was very small, we ran out of room for our stuff. It would be fine for 7 days for 1 person but not 2.  It's a standard Promenade View room.  I've been fine with two people in it for a week. 

The decorations all looked like an afterthought, just some cheesy figures on shelves I could have used and some figurines over the promenade window.  The "sweet" idea was an afterthought -- a way to compensate for the slight lack of promenade view in a Promenade View room.  The cheesy decorations are meant for people with a sense of humor, which would explain your disdain for the experience.

Considering it's the same price as all the other Promenade Views in the same category, the free ice cream and the gold card are just icing on the cake.  I've cruised in it before and would do so again, happily.

• Like 1

We had this room on Independence and really enjoyed it.  Sure it was a standard Promenade room, but it was a standard Promenade price.  And with that we got access to the Suite Lounge every night (which meant free drinks and hor d'oeuvres!), nice sweet trays delivered to our room before dinner, robes, and of course daily ice cream.  I think we could also have breakfast in Chops room but Windjammer was never busy to a point of not finding a seat so we didn't bother.  Our room wasn't over the top, but was cutely themed.  Sorry you were disappointed.  We were happy we got to enjoy it as not sure when we'll book a suite and it'll be a long time before we make diamond.

Edited by LuCruise

Still sounds like you get a lot of good perks for absolutely no extra money.  Great deal if you ask me.  How anybody could complain that the cabin is not big enough for 2 people is beyond me.  Not sure what type of cabin they are used to (mini-suites and larger?)  They are a standard inside cabin size, which we have never had issues with.  My in-laws are in the Ben & Jerry SWEET on the Freedom in 2 weeks and I look forward to seeing it.

I mentioned my disappointment because the Next Cruise  consultant on EX 2 years ago sold this to  me as a full suite getting  double points. Yes it was good to have suite lounge access at night since the DL was crowded. But our gold cards were just blank extra keys, on LIBERTY we did not have access to chops for breakfast. I'very never been in a Promenade cabin before. There are only 4 short drawers under the TV, none on the vanity. Shelves were in the closet which is where our folded shirts went. The drawers were only large enough for underwear. I had packed not expecting to use the free wash 'n fold so if I ever book a Promenade cabin again, I will pack less and do laundry during the cruise. 

11 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

I mentioned my disappointment because the Next Cruise  consultant on EX 2 years ago sold this to  me as a full suite getting  double points. Yes it was good to have suite lounge access at night since the DL was crowded. But our gold cards were just blank extra keys, on LIBERTY we did not have access to chops for breakfast. I'very never been in a Promenade cabin before. There are only 4 short drawers under the TV, none on the vanity. Shelves were in the closet which is where our folded shirts went. The drawers were only large enough for underwear. I had packed not expecting to use the free wash 'n fold so if I ever book a Promenade cabin again, I will pack less and do laundry during the cruise. 

I've never liked the storage (or lack thereof) and layout of the PR staterooms.  If I could not do a real outside, I'd probably stick with the inside.