Pre-purchase beverage pkg?

piper

We are sailing on the Edge in April, our first Celebrity cruise. Right now, the classic beverage pkg is $18/day. Is it better to pre-purchase or wait until we board? Will they offer better prices on board?

thanks!

1 hour ago, piper said:

We are sailing on the Edge in April, our first Celebrity cruise. Right now, the classic beverage pkg is $18/day. Is it better to pre-purchase or wait until we board? Will they offer better prices on board?

thanks!

You didn't specify, but just to clarify:

The Classic Non Alcohol package is $18 but the Classic package including alcohol is $59 per person per day.

1 hour ago, piper said:

thanks!

Is that the Non-Alcohol Package?  

Generally, it is not better to wait and purchase aboard if one is wanting a discount.

It is better to grab a discount when offered through X on a periodical sale, which is usually 20%.

What you will get for purchasing aboard is possibly better treatment from the bartender from whom you may have purchased it from, usually.

bon voyage

19 minutes ago, CardRock said:

Don't you still have to pay for the entire cruise if you purchase mid-cruise while on board? 

No, only for the days left in the sailing.

Cannot, usually, purchase when more than 1/2 of the sailing is completed.

bon voyage

• Like 1

For our upcoming cruise in May, we upgraded the room and added the classic beverage package plus $300 OBC perks at a cost even cheaper than the drinking package alone. You may want to check it out and consider that option.

That's a good deal, Tourist1292!  Did you originally book directly with Celebrity?  We booked with a third party who is sponsoring a "President's" cruise.  I don't think I am allowed to mention the company's name.  I think I will give them a call to see if there are any deals available

Thanks

43 minutes ago, piper said:

That's a good deal, Tourist1292!  Did you originally book directly with Celebrity?  We booked with a third party who is sponsoring a "President's" cruise.  I don't think I am allowed to mention the company's name.  I think I will give them a call to see if there are any deals available

Thanks

I booked mine through one of the warehouse club. I called them each time for the price adjustment before the final payment, and the upgrade after the final payment. The new booking must have a higher cost than what you have paid. Our upgraded C2 room is still a little bit cheaper than our original 1A room at the price from a month ago, but they let me add the 2 perks option (drinking package and the OBC) with the upgrade to make it $240 (YMMV) more per room. If you upgrade now, you may even get the $50 bonus OBC from a current promotion as I did 2 days ago.

Edited by Tourist1292