Over sold and unprofessional NCL Bliss sorry long report

vacation1996

"There is almost always a food cart in the parking area, and just across from the terminal and down a bit there is a restaurant.  Just mentioning, because of how often you said food was not available to buy. "

so if you were in this persons shoes you would leave the terminal and go get a hot dog from a hot dog cart. Think about this before you give stupid advice. Imagine coming back and A. they dont let you back in or B. you get back in to find out they came looking for you and now its too late and now they can say its your fault for walking away.

Edited by shout19661966

18 hours ago, Prnsessmoi said:

OP, I'm so sorry you had to deal with this.  My thoughts are...

You purchased a "Guarantee" cabin (of whatever class).  In my mind, a "guarantee" is something that is assured.  Something you don't have to doubt, or guess at, or stress over.  (i.e. with a Guarantee XXXX cabin, you are assured to get this cabin class or better.)  Although you ended up with a cabin on this cruise (which I'm not sure was at least the class you purchased), you did not get to enjoy the "guarantee" that you purchased.

Now that is the BEST answer to this blog.

Its one thing to be assigned a cabin at port. Its another thing to be told sit and wait and hope there is a no-show.
Bringing up emergency snacking and all the other hoopla misses this larger point :classic_happy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, esm54687 said:

But stating it is a warning to "new and seasoned cruisers" and 95% of the experience was self induced I find it pretty funny. 

Please enlighten me.  I don't see the humor here.  NCL oversold the ship and made the OP wait 3.5 hours (after NCL's suggested 12pm arrival time) while they tried to find a cabin.  That doesn't seem very "funny" to me.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shout19661966 said:

so if you were in this persons shoes you would leave the terminal and go get a hot dog from a hot dog cart. Think about this before you give stupid advice. Imagine coming back and A. they dont let you back in or B. you get back in to find out they came looking for you and now its too late and now they can say its your fault for walking away.

Thank you ....I was not allowed to leave they had my passport  and my extra print off of my confirmation I travel with 2 copies in case of one gets lost and I was in a secure area after they closed the 1st terminal. 

I want to thank everyone for their positive and negative responses.

I am the least dramatic person you would meet but I am very detailed and organized in everything I do.

This trip was a last minute booking  I have been trying not plan so much as my husband would say relax and recharge life is too short hence going  solo this time around.

With this cold and snowy weather  I am looking forward to my next cruise with family 🙂

11 minutes ago, emm126 said:

Depending on the policy,  I am not sure this  would have been covered with insurance. 

Sometimes I wish either the cruise line or Cruise Critic (people in the know) would  come on and comment when assumptions are made and state what the facts or policies are. Some can read what 1 poster write and others agree to as fact and could end up hurting them in the future. 

I have travel insurance and credit card travel insurance . Never leave Canada without it.

31 minutes ago, vacation1996 said:

I have travel insurance and credit card travel insurance . Never leave Canada without it.

I am not doubting that, I just think a lot of insurance policies would not necessarily pay out a claim for overbooking on a cruise. They would go back to the cruise line for reimbursement. 

5 minutes ago, Sailor Taylor said:

Wait what? They are over selling ships now?  Is this a new thing?  

It certainly doesn't seem to be a common thing.

I suppose we may find that this is the first of many such issues, but my guess is that it was a mistake.

It's really helpful for me as a parent traveling with small children to know that food can often be difficult to find in terminals.  I honestly never realized that until reading your post, and another post from a diabetic who had trouble boarding in NYC due to a ship delay.

I'm sorry that NCL's computer system didn't realize this error sooner - the princess boards have often reported generous move over offers due to accidental double booking and that is obviously a much better way to resolve this situation.

• Like 1

While it's disappointing NCL made you wait to confirm your last minute booking at the pier, complaining about food or water nor correcting people about ship vs. boat doesn't garner sympathy from me.  

I was on the Bliss the week following you from Toronto - booked well in advance - no hiccups -great service -good looking ship/boat !