Issue with Pre-booking Dining Online for NCL Joy

cyndepet

Is anybody else who's booked on an NCL Joy Alaskan cruise having issues booking dining online?  I have been unable to, starting at 120 days through now at 95 days out.  I ended up calling to make reservations  - I've never had this problem with any other cruise.  Just curious if it's a problem with all Joy cruises?

We're also booked on the Joy and for our upcoming cruise at the end of May I was unable to book dining reservations online.  I called and was able to make all my reservations at 120 days out.  The rep that I spoke with didn't know what the issue was at the time and this was back in January.

Also, I received the email confirmation the same day but I wasn't able to see the reservations on my NCL account.  I called them about this recently and was told they don't know why I can't see them online but confirmed that my reservations are all still in their system.  I'll be bringing my email confirmation with me on the boat.

I also had call NCL and talk to Rep. in order to book our dinner reservations.  I was able to book Cagney's and Teppanyki.  I was unable to book Ocean Blue as they told me "It's not finalized, and I have to book on the ship"

We sail on May 18th 

3 hours ago, cyndepet said:

Is anybody else who's booked on an NCL Joy Alaskan cruise having issues booking dining online?  I have been unable to, starting at 120 days through now at 95 days out.  I ended up calling to make reservations  - I've never had this problem with any other cruise.  Just curious if it's a problem with all Joy cruises?

I am on the 5/4 sailing and could only do it via the telephone - btw, according to reservations - show reservations should also be available on line w/in a few weeks

My guess the issue is that the ship is still sailing with some of the other options and maybe the reservation system can't handle restaurant changes. Also, currently the ship's sailing under Mandarin language. Once it starts its refurb - I would think it reservations would we working.... we'll see :classic_biggrin:

Just now, alexgtp said:

I received an e-mail at 68 days out that reservations were now open. I have booked all of my dining experiences without any issues. (also sailing May 18th)

You are right. @ Day 70 the reservations started working on the website and in the APP.  Looking forward to the cruise.