Pre & post-cruise, March 9, 2019 cruise on Princess Caribbean 7 day

funCruise3

So at the suggestion if another passenger on the roll call,  I'm starting a “live” thread so everyone can read about the ship/activities/excursions and so very much welcome other passengers recommendations on activities and restaurants. Awesome 👍😀

The more I think about it, the more I'll look forward to the margaritas/gin & tonics & Pina coladas at the social events! My work supervisor mentioned margaritas today, so

let's get this started! ⛴️🛳️☸️🚢🍹

• Like 1

1st topic: packing suitcases, check!  My DH and I are bringing a carry on and one checked bag and my DD is bringing a carry-on only on direct flight to FLL. On Friday, we are planning to pickup my daughter after her high school cooking test on Friday morning to go to the airport. So far, the weather forecast is clear skies for our flight to FLL. Cheers!

• Like 1

So today is the night before we leave for Florida, it seems like all I've been doing for the last 2 days is getting  everything for my packing list, packing into our packing cubes (compresses clothes and makes more room in the suitcases) so that, low and behold, between the three of us, we have only one checked bag for our flight  to FLL. Niiiice!  Tomorrow is travel day and can't wait to check into our Best Western hotel on Friday  night. It's about 3 miles from the port, I believe. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:04 PM, funCruise3 said:

The Caribbean Princess. 😀 Have you been on this ship?

On 3/6/2019 at 8:04 PM, funCruise3 said:

The Caribbean Princess. 😀 Have you been on this ship?

To clarify, on the Princess cruise line, a ship's name will contain the word Princess. 

6 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

Hey, what is the showroom mean?

Sorry , Princess  Theater  where the production shows and other entertainers  perform in the evening . 

Yesterday, was mother and daughter pampering at the spa. And my husband is booking our last excursion with Godfrey tours in St.Thomas. 

it's so cold here in the capital city of Ottawa and so looking forward to the warm Floridian sunshine!

While at the Montreal airport, we have learned to look for signs for flights to USA. This is after we walked to the wrong end of the airport. 😀 Upwards and onwards we went, and checked in, went through security and enjoying a nice lunch. Cheers!

20190308_130112.jpg

12 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

Does anyone know what terminal we need to go to. I can't seem to find it

This was written at the time we were booking Uber from the hotel to the port in FLL and didn't know which terminal to go to. The good news is the Uber driver knew to go to terminal 2 for Princess cruise departures from FLL.

Embarkation went very well once we arrived at 11:30 am. Simply went through security, declared our 4 bottles of wine 🍷 collected our medallions, dropped off our carry-on luggage and went straight to the Coral dining room. Our waiter Gerry was awesome, very considerate, and accommodated our food allergies and my omitting dairy from my diet. Beef Chateaubriand and the steamed trout was delicious! I took a pic of the lunch menu.

20190309_124228.jpg

20190309_124346.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Thanks for bringing us along!

You're welcome, we had a nice, fun embarkation day!

Once we finished lunch, we went to check if our luggage arrived in our cabin, an oceanview cabin on the Emerald deck, which is the 8th level of the ship. Our DD is staying in the top bunk, in which her mattress is not very comfortable, although the bottom beds we're upgraded in the last refurbish of the Caribbean Princess which are comfortable! 😀 Our cabin steward has put a layer of comforter to make the bunk more comfortable, so we'll see what she thinks after a good, sound sleep. 💤😴

20190309_170529.jpg